*** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: *** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

@Datalink Thank you so much for the assistance! It's greatly appreciated! :)I might aswell get a CGN3ACSMR soon and send the required information over at CommunityHelps to get the update pushed to the modem ASAP (since it's the modem of choice once the firmware is updated). Again, thank you for your help!

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a dlink dir 868 had no problems no wi fi dropping since the update which is the odd part
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Very strange.  2.4 or 5 Ghz network?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RyzenFX my main consideration for obtaining an SMR version is for the reduced latency with the updated firmware.  I think, at this point in time, that alone makes it worth doing.

Here is something that is worth checking out.  Load inSSIDer on a laptop and check out your wifi environment, both 2.4 and 5 Ghz if the laptop supports 5 Ghz networks.  If you live in an area with many 2.4 Ghz routers running, then the CGN3ACSMR will not do much for you, as it will examine the background noise, determine that the other channels are occupied and keep you in a 20 Mhz wide channel due to that background noise.  But, if you're in an area where there aren't too many routers running, then yes you could see a big increase in the data rates delivered over a 2.4 Ghz network.  Here's the link to the last freebie inSSIDer version, which does not do 802.11ac.  A new pay version is available which displays 802.11ac networks, but you don't need an 802.11ac capable laptop to see those networks.  The program reads the transmission headers and displays the networks.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi datalink and yes i have the latest firmware from November 2014 I believe 5ghz it's been dropping in and out
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Data... Here are the current Stats for my modem

http://192.168.0.1/index.html#status_system/m/1/s/1

Question is, I guess I still haven't received the latest firmware update... 4.5.8.16 and secondly. Why is my time zone not eastern time ?
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Vibe First of all, let's download the latest firmware because there's a security firmware patch to fix any vulnerabilities on your DIR-868L.  

@CX2DUBCAKES have you submitted the required information to CommunityHelps? It takes somewhere in the 48 hour period to get the firmware on your CGN3ACSMR. Also, they will push the firmware during the night. Also, you can change the timezone if you look around the interface. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I just saw the post. I'm doing it as we speak. Okay. Thank you very much
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, but you're using the Dlink for your wireless correct?  Can you follow the link for the freebie inSSIDer version in the post above yours and load that on a laptop.  Have a look at the 5 Ghz networks and see if anyone is competing with your network.  Consider moving to channel 149 or higher as the power output levels for those channels is higher.

I'm assuming that you are running the CGN3 in Bridge mode, in which case there should not be any 5 Ghz wifi transmission from the CGN3.  IF you're running the CGN3 in Gateway mode for some reason, along with the DLink router behind it, have a look at the inSSIDer display for any sign that the CGN3 is broadcasting a 5 Ghz network.  If that was the case, you should see the 5 Ghz wifi LED lit on the front of the CGN3.  But, checking with inSSIDer will let you know what the real story is.

The DLink router has internal antenna, just as the Hitron modem does.  That is unfortunate as an external antenna is the better way to go, personal opinion.  Food for thought.....

I Plan to Stick Around

First requirement is cable account reference #
Mine does not start with 2 nor is it 12 digits. Is it not my account number when I log into rogers website to view My Rogers online?