*** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: *** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

After firmware update from 4.5.8.13 to 4.5.8.16 things seem to be working fine. For me it wasn't LoL but BF4. Kept getting disconnected consistenly within 10-15 mins in game. The update has "fixed" this. Thx

I've Been Around

Update wasn't pushed out to my router last night as expected, hopefully this gets done tonight.  Online gaming is basically useless/impossible until this is fixed.

I've Been Around

Is there a time frame for releasing the final update to everyone? weeks or months? If too long I will probably use the beta update, thanks!

I've Been Around

What happens if I dont have my cable account number but my MAC address. im living in a dorm and the internet is included in my rent. I really need this update.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @visonx

I suggest getting in touch with your landlord and having him put in the request for you. Or ask if they can add you to the account as an authorized contact on the Internet account as, you need to be authorized to request the update.

Thanks,

RogersAsif

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You're in a dorm but you have your own modem as part of the rent?

I Plan to Stick Around

Question Since my modems wifi does not work unless i do a backup or a factory reset when we get the next update because the update requires you to have your wifi on 2.4ghz will my update work properly. The 2.4ghz light turns on but no wifi will broadcast if it's just the part where the wifi just being on then i think it will be ok but the modem still thinks the wifi is on the status will show it's broadcasting but if i turn if off the modem does turn it off and says it's off i used inSSIDer to see if it was broadcasting and there was no trace i also used wifi analyzer "app for android" and it did not see a thing so i guess it's just the firmware thats causing the wifi not to work tried both vertical and horizontal nothing changes.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would say that the requirement to have the 2.4 Ghz network up and running is an anomaly.  Typically the update runs, regardless of the state of the modem, running in Gateway or Bridge mode, and if its in Gateway mode, the status of the wifi should not matter.  When the next official network wide update comes out, it should just run without any issues.

I'm a Regular

speaking of... Any word on the official update? I'd like to be able to switch off 2.4g wifi Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you using the modem's wifi at all?  If not I would just turn it off.  I haven't heard of a release date for another version, but I'll ask the question.