*** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: *** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Hi,

Is it possible to help me upgrade my CGN3ACSMR firmware? I did some research and it said this moden is not compatible with league unlesss the firmware is updated. 

Thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

It has been close to 48h since my GCN3 became online and I was wondering when it would update from 4.4.8.14 to the latest firmware update? 

Also:

Is it possible to force it to update?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can take up to 72 hours (and thats exact.. so not day 3 is 72 hours..  if you plugged in at 5pm, 72 hours from 5pm sort of thing)

There is no way to force it though.

If you have not got it after the 72 hours, pleast contact @CommunityHelps

I've Been Here Awhile

Anything I can do to be able to update the firmware? It is really bad for gaming.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After the 72 hour mark, to request the firmware update to version 4.5.8.16, follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page, fill in the title, and your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area.  The Cable account reference number is located within the Internet section of your bill. If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number.  This can be obtained by calling Customer support.  You can then send that Reference Number, along with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.  The account number that you normally see or use is comprised of various home services such as Internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring, etc, but the requested reference number is located at the top of the Internet section of your monthly account statement.

The modem MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or in the HFC MACC Address located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.

Indicate in your message that you're at the 72 hour mark with no sign of the update.

I've Been Around

Hi there , we need to request an upgrade for the firmwire on our Hitron CGNACSMR modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the modem has been online for 72 hours with no signs of the update to version 4.5.8.16, follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page, fill in the title, something such as "Request firmware update for CNG3ACSMR", and your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area.  The Cable account reference number is located within the Internet section of your bill. If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number.  This can be obtained by calling Customer support.  You can then send that Reference Number, along with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.  The account number that you normally see or use is comprised of various home services such as Internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring, etc, but the requested reference number is located at the top of the Internet section of your monthly account statement.

The modem MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or in the HFC MACC Address located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.

Indicate in your message that you're at the 72 hour mark with no sign of the update.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Recent 250u subscriber. While I love the speed, my Xbox One experience has been a pain. I keep getting dropped connections with EA.

I've search the forums and it seems the recent software/firmware update to the CGN3ACSMR modem/router could help.

I'm currently at version 4.4.8.14.

How do I get it updated?

EDIT - A couple of more things. I have a brand new (last week) connection with Rogers. Ran the line from the pole, new demarcation point, and line into my house to the modem/router. I am using wired connection to the Xbox one (to a gigabit switch). Ran all the connection tests on the Xbox and they were fine. The only issue is dropping the connection.

Thanks,

David

ps - and if someone can point me to a good "optimize for xbox one" thread, I'd be a happy guy.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Follow the post just above yours to request the update. If you are showing an open NAT already, the update should solve your disconnect issues.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi.

Thanks. I've sent the request in. NAT is moderate at the moment.

Cheers,

David