*** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: *** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Ok.  So I ran a speed test again and it was 33 download and 19-20 upload.  Upload was fine, download was throttled.

I patched it through my router and I am now getting 57-58 download and 20 upload.

I was expecting more than that, but could be prime time right now.  This just proves that the CGN2ACSMR still is being throttled and the patch I received didn't fix it.

Therefore, patching it through my router is a temporary solution for the time being.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interesting results.  How do you have your network set up.  Hitron into the patch panel, router connected through the patch panel, and I assume you had Hiton LAN port connected to the Android Patch Panel port as well.  Is the Hitron running in Gateway mode with the router running in Access Point mode?  Or, is the Hitron running in Bridge mode, router in full router mode and the Android using the second IP address from the Bridged modem?

Do you happen to have structured wiring in your house so that upstairs, at the wallplate for the router you would have two RG-6 cables and one Cat 5 for ethernet and one Cat 3 or possibly Cat 5 for telephone?  If that was the case, and one of the RG-6 cables was available, you could park the modem upstairs and then run modem - Cat 5 - Router - Cat 5 back down to the patch panel.  At the patch panel you would have a gigabit switch between the Router and the Patch Panel, so that in effect you would end up with Router - Cat 5 - gigabit switch - Cat 5 patch cable - Patch Panel.  That is what I have at my home so that I can keep an occasional eye on the modem.

I Plan to Stick Around

So i noticed that there is a new version that was suppost to be released this week i have been checking my firmware version and it's still the same today do i need to message @CommunityHelps  to get this firmware also? or is this on the stable branch?

I've Been Around

Having the same issue. My firmware has yet to update.  I messaged communityhelps which i'd recommend you do the same.  They said it's supposed to update by itself by now if I'm reading the messages correctly. But mine still hasnt.

Surprised there's no tool when you're in your modem changing options to force a check for an update.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah i sent @CommunityHelps a message i'm wondering since they told you it's now their main update then maybe we need to restart our modems?

Update:  restart did not work

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

4.5.8.16 was distributed network wide last week to the CGC3ACSMRs.  But there may be stragglers that didn't update.  If so, log into your modem, navigate to the STATUS.... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into a new thread.  Title it something like "Signal check CGN3ACSMR".  In some cases where there were cable signal issues the update could not be pushed out to the modem.  So, that is something to check, just in case.  The modem should restart on its own when the update is completed.

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh wait so it's the same version but new with the new fixes? i'm going to test to see if the modem will remember my settings should i recreate a new backup with this version or keep the same one i have now?

update: nope my modem will not remember the settings tried to turn just the 5ghz on and did not work then turned on 2.4.ghz the light came on but not for 5ghz and it's not broadcasting so it must not be on the new version or this version does not contain the save fix. Also my signal is fine all down streams are -4 -5 and SnR is 35-36 max channel is 20 tho not sure if it's suppost to be 20 or 24 same with upstream is just 40 i had a new line put in recently so there should be no problems unless its the area.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

If you requested the firmware patch earlier, you will be specifically targeted to receive the final version. This will be done automatically.

To clear things up the firmware version will still show 4.5.8.16 but will be the newer version.

As firmware improvements are an on-going thing, anything that is not addressed will be addressed in future releases.

As of right now, the update only applies to the CGN3ACSMR.

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

Hello All,

Where can I send request for Firmware update? I have join the Community forum and tried to look for a link or place but coudn't find it. Any help will be greatly appreciaited.

Thank you in advance.

ASP17

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @ASP1 Welcome to the Community

Are you talking about the CGN3ACSMR?  If so,the update should apply automatically within 48 hours.

RogersAsif