*** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: *** CGN3ACSMR - League of Legends – latency: firmware release pending

I woke up this morning after last night's post and to my surprise, I have received the new firmware update. Will be testing today and will post my results. Thanks again to everyone here that helped address this issue. It's a big thumbs up to you all. And especially the support team for their haste on resolving this issue.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@CX2DUBCAKES Is the interface any faster than the CGN3?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Datalink I can confirm that the interface loading time is faster on the CGN3ACSMR w/o the new firmware update. However, I do notice that it is lacking some features such as the ability to change timezones. Does anybody know if the new firmware adds that?

I Plan to Stick Around

Didn't really notice an interface time loading difference. But I still can go into the administration panel and change time settings / time zone.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY. .. THE FIREWALL ERRORS ARE GONE PLAYING LoL... Connects everytime 😉
I Plan to Stick Around

And I just noticed I can't answer that question anyways cause I have the AC version. And I think you want the CGN3 version. I am running 4.5.8.16 firmware on the ACSR model and it's flawless. So happy with the community fellas 😉
I'm a Regular

Just got the CGN3ACSMR tonight, its great so far. Testing out the 5G portion... Sent a PM to CommunityHelps just now with the required info and looking forward to being on the latest firmware.

Cheers everybody 🙂

I'm a Regular

Well... Firmware just got pushed to me. Looks like I found a bug: With this firmware version (4.5.8.16) I cannot run 5Ghz Wi-Fi only. The 2.4 needs to be enabled for the 5 to work. On the firmware it shipped with 5G only wasn't an issue. I'm happy to live with it while it is investigated but I expect it to be fixed. (I am under the impression that this firmware that is being pushed out on request only is still in beta hence it not being released en masse)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think I noticed the same issue, turn off the 2.4 Ghz wifi and the 5 Ghz LED goes out.  Now, the only way to confirm this is to monitor the 5 Ghz network with inSSIDer.  This might just be an LED control issue, not necessarily one where the 5 Ghz network stops working.  I didn't test for that and probably won't as I run my modem in Bridge mode.  Not sure when I can run another test to check it out.  Here's the link for the last freebie version of inSSIDer.  It doesn't do 802.11ac, but the new pay version does, and is worth the $20 U.S. if you use 802.11ac networks.  You don't need an 802.11ac capable laptop as the program reads the transmit headers and displays the a/n/ac networks in the 5 Ghz band.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

I'm a Regular

Nope I tested and confirmed, with 2.4Ghz off and 5Ghz on, neither the 2.4 or 5 Ghz networks show up to either my laptop or phone, and the paid version of Inssider does not see them. (Thanks for the recommendation - had paid the $20 for it a while back based on its frequent mention here - I have had 802.11ac routers for the past 2yrs and set it up at clients places alot, and have an 802.11ac capable laptop and desktop. So a worthwile investment)

So its not just the LEDs going out, the actual wi-fi networks go down.

The other thing is, (minor issue) when going to the login screen it says "Undefined" instead of "Username" - just a minor OCD thing.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks very much.  I'll make sure that the Modem Products Manager sees this in the morning.  I'll also ask the mods to approve the screen shots in the morning as well.