CGN3ACSMR Lan port

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CGN3ACSMR Lan port

I was supposed to get it but I upgraded to 1Gbit internet yesterday.. the $99/mo promotion Rogers had for 1 day.. so now I have the CGNM Router

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes. I have the new modem firmware for a couple days now. The issue hasn't happened since the upgrade. No other issues with the firmware either so far. I'm running it in bridge mode (obviously).
I've Been Here Awhile

Any ideas when the firmware will be officially released?

Network Architect
Network Architect

@MikeyCarter wrote:

Any ideas when the firmware will be officially released?

At this time I cannot provide any official timelines.

Some issues were reported as part of the firmware trial program and we have to make a decision if 4.5.8.21T6 is the version that will go live in production or if we can include additional corrections and enhancements requested in this community.

If you are interested, feel free to join the trial program and you will get access to this firmware before the official rollout.

I Plan to Stick Around

that's very good news, i am hoping to get the upgrade sometimes before next week as well 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Running CGN3 in bridge mode for over a year with no issues, no recent changes to my setup. Over the last week or two I have been losing internet access approximately every 24 hours. LEDs on the CGN3 look normal (green power, blue up/down, green internet status) except when I lose internet the LAN LED turns off. Rebooting the CGN3 solves the problem immediately but I will lose internet connectivity again within a day. 

Any ideas?

I've Been Here Awhile

It's a known issue with the beta firmware potentially containing a fix. You can wait until the final version of the firmware is fixed or sign-up for the beta trial. Take a look here http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

I Plan to Stick Around

As someone already replied, it's a known issue which was first reported by the user community and doumented in great detail as to the reasons why.  The RE's provided really good information (Rogers should hire them!). Rogers reps finally chimed in with a beta fix.  I have the same issue and now getting the beta fix which hopefully will solve it.  What's really crazy is that none of the front line tech reps nor level 2 reps have any idea about this issue, so don't bother calling them (for real).  It's like the "community reps" and the call centre techs don't communicate which is really unfortunate.  Hopefully that will change in the future.

I Plan to Stick Around

Tech support front line AND level 2 still do not know about this issue.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the replies. So is this a recent firmware update that is causing the issue? It just seems odd to me that everything was working well for over a year and then the connection starts dropping.

I'm not sure how firmware for this modem works - is it pushed out automatically from Rogers to users? Will it still update in bridge mode?