CGN3ACSMR Lan port

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CGN3ACSMR Lan port

I have the same issue internet cuts out when in bridge mode with asus68u, swaped modem issue still occures. Does 4.5.8.20 fix this?

I'm an Advisor

@Mo786 wrote:

I have the same issue internet cuts out when in bridge mode with asus68u, swaped modem issue still occures. Does 4.5.8.20 fix this?

Unfortunately not...

I'm a Regular

The experience with FTTH is completely different and opposite to the experience with FTTN VDSL2. FTTH is quite remarkable, to put it simply. As for putting their modem into bridge mode, unfortunately that still can't be done but there are alternatives. Connecting your own router to their HH2000 gateway, disabling WiFi on the HH2000, & then configuring the Bell credentials on the 3rd party router, will put the HH2000 in pass through mode (essentially bridging it). The other alternative that works specifically for FFTH (not FTTN) is to remove their HH2000 completely and use your own router exclusively for Internet and TV 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

I had my own router with Bell before, if you have the equipment that supports vlan tagging and trunking, plus the knowledge. It can be done taking the Bell modem completely out of the picture and running your router straight from the ONT modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Datalink wrote:

Wonder if 4.5.8.20 was installing?  Have you checked the Software (Firmware) version indicated on the Status page?

I've had 4.5.8.20 for over a month, i was one of the first to get it when they were troubleshooting IPv6 in gateway mode.

I Plan to Stick Around

Speaking of v6, I just got the new firmware, how do I enable it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the modem is already in Bridge mode with an IPV6 capable router behind it, you should be good to go.  Just a matter in that case of enabling IPV6 in the router and then rebooting the router.  You should then see IPV6 address when you run an ipconfig command at the command prompt.  If you log into the modem using 192.168.100.1, you will see the STATUS page showing the WAN IP Address:  none, none  at the upper right hand corner.

If you use the modem in gateway mode, you will need to run a factory reset, and of course, reenter the modem parameters you were using, essentially set the modem up again.  After the reset, when you log into the modem, the WAN IP Address will show the IPV4 and IPV6 address side by side.  If you  run a ipconfig command at the command prompt you will see the IPV6 address listed first.  If you have an XBox One, reboot the XBox so that it picks up an IPV6 address.

Edit:  If you have obtained a proper IPV6 address, you should see an IPV6 and temporary IPV6 address generated by Windows listed in the ipconfig results.  The IPV6 and temporary IPV6 address should not start with the same four digits.  If so, then the pc has not abtained a proper IPV6 address and the Windows operating system is simply generating its own temporary addresses.  

Run a test at http://ipv6-test.com to determine if you have a working IPV6 address.  

At the moment in West Ottawa, you can obtain an IPV6 address from the CMTS but the IPV6 test and any IPV6 traces fail due to an upstream router configuration problem that is being sorted out.  As a result, IPV6 in West Ottawa is not usable.  I don't know if that situation exists elsewhere, but, the IPV6 test will easily determine that. 

The other item to check is to ensure that IPV6 is enabled in the adapter settings.

I Plan to Stick Around

I can't use bridge mode without any issues, so I'm on gateway mode. I guess i need to factory reset, thanks 🙂

For the rest, I'm actually a v6 certified engineer and I have my own v6 provider until we get native v6 here in NB.

Cheers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Problems in Brige mode?  

As far as I understand, Native IPV6 should now be available network wide, baring any local issues that need to be worked out.

I Plan to Stick Around

yeah the LAN  ports just go out of business, for whatever reason, gateway mode has no issues. Well... no issues.. I do have some latency issues, but it doesn't really affect my VoIP lines or anything.

I didn't have latency issues in bridged mode. But I am not using what I would call a "proper" setup, 2 routers back to back isn't what I would normally use, but I really like my custom Dlink and it complements very well my Avaya ERS-5510 *blush*