CGN3ACSMR Lan port

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Network Architect
Network Architect

Re: CGN3ACSMR Lan port

Good news!

We are actively working on resolving the issue where LAN ports get disabled intermittently and we have received a new firmware that corrects this issue. Although we are not ready yet for a large scale deployment, we have decided to launch a new program that enables Rogers Community Forum users to participate in the testing of this firmware and to provide us valuable feedback.

In order to participate in this trial, visit this thread.

I've Been Here Awhile

CGN3ACSMR LAN ports go off-line randomly when in bridge mode

I've been working fine for over I year or so.   Suddenly about, 5 weeks ago now, the LAN ports just stop working on the modem and only way to get them back is to reboot the rogers modem.   Happens about every 12-48 hours.

The modem is in bridge mode and connected to a peplink balance one.  The peplink balance reports "NO Cable".  unpluged the lan cables, change ports, reboot the peplink, even tested the cable for problems, nothing works till you reboot the rogers modem.  Which leads me to believe it the modem.  (although rogers support keeps pointing at the peplink)

I've tried replacing the modem, and it's still a problem.   Also if it's not in bridge mode the problem appears to go away.  (but in non-bridge mode my ATA doesn't work because of the dual NAT, and can't move it as it also is on a VPN via the peplink)

Any one have any ideas?  Is there a way of having the rogers modem report more debug information in bridge mode?  I could push it to my rsyslog server if needed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've Been Around

This has been happening to me as well.  I thought it was a faulty modem and exchanged for another modem, but ended up with the same issue. 

I'm Here A Lot

Any idea if this trial firmware fixes this problem for sure?

thanks

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

@jaysfan24 wrote:

thanks

The firmware 4.5.8.21 does include the fix for this issue. We were unable to reproduce this condition in our internal testing after upgrading the firmware and therefore it is considered fixed at this point.

We will of course be in a better position to confirm that as part of the firmware trial.

I've Been Around

@RogersDave wrote:

@jaysfan24 wrote:

thanks

The firmware 4.5.8.21 does include the fix for this issue. We were unable to reproduce this condition in our internal testing after upgrading the firmware and therefore it is considered fixed at this point.

We will of course be in a better position to confirm that as part of the firmware trial.

You can test this by just unplugging and re-plugging the coax. If the LAN ports come up, then the problem is solved

Network Architect
Network Architect

lasaid wrote: 

You can test this by just unplugging and re-plugging the coax. If the LAN ports come up, then the problem is solved

That specific case is definitely fixed.

I Plan to Stick Around

That's very good news, thanks a whole lot Dave for addressing that on here!

I've Been Around

Anyone to get this firmware on my modem for testing?