CGN3ACSMR Lan port

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CGN3ACSMR Lan port

I am likely going to purchase a surfboard, i dont have time nor the patience to wait for this, its been going on already for a while without a resolution
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I too am experiencing this same issue with my CGN3ACSMR.  Confirmed my logs indicate I'm connected to a Casa system now.  Running the modem in gateway mode solves the issue LAN port shutdown issue, but I'd prefer to have my own router running my home network.

Seeing the number of other people experiencing this issue, can we get an ETA on the new firmware?

I'm a Regular

It would be great if Rogers started to offer the Arris SB6190 cable modem.  It's a standalone modem without the routing capabilities that many of us need because we're using our own routers.  It's also a 32x8 gigabit modem.  Plus it's Arris, which is a MUCH better vendor than ewww Hitron.

I Plan to Stick Around

My LAN port died after <2 hours since the last reboot tonight - very annoying. 

What's disappointing is that the Tech Support rep I talked to a few days ago was adament that it was a hardware issue on my side - it does not seem the call centre knows or wants to acknowledge that this is a true problem?

I'm Here A Lot

Hey just an update.
Switched to gigabit service.. Just had the same problem with the new modem
I've Been Around

only overnight once every week or 2,  i lose internet only,  but lan still works

it happens approx once a week or two, ALWAYS overnight. ive replaced my CGN3ACSMR 2x,(its in bridge mode) used routers netgear R6300 v2, now bought another router asus RT-AC3100, still same thing. i can still access my lan in all scenarios, just no internet when i wake up in the morning. this is driving me nuts. 

I'm Here A Lot

It's not your router. It's the modem I'm using the asus Rt -5300 same thing happened to me last night on the gigabit modem
I Plan to Stick Around

The root cause isn't even the modem, it's the new CMTS Rogers are using for the gigabit service.

It's just that the smr freezes. My older cgn3 manifested latency issues instead.
I'm a Regular

Wow, so same thing happening with the new gigabit modem. To be honest, I hope this blows up in their faces. First the fiasco with the new Navigatr guide and now this. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick and tired of a company their (Rogers) size making these rookie mistakes. PLAN AND TEST before rolling anything out or implementing new infrastructure. I'm an IT deployment manager for another company and I can tell you if we kept making these costly mistakes, we would've been fired long ago.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The only thing I can say at this point is that the Rogers staff is working on the issue.  In terms of testing equipment I've been personally involved in equipment testing prior to deployment where I approved the equipment version that was tested.  When it finally came to deployment, months later after the equipment had been built and was now in place, turns out that the vendor had made timing changes internally within the equipment.  That change, and the system failures that it produced were the result of the unannounced change.  I don't know what the final bill was to correct the situation but, I do know that it was pretty expensive due to the process of testing and approval.  So, yup, on the face of it, it looks like a failure to test, but, there may be much more to the story that we don't know about.  Just want to point that out.