CGN3ACSMR Lan port

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j2pc
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CGN3ACSMR Lan port

Had it happen on the CNG3ACSMR 4th time today (all 4 happened about 3 days apart - last one was this Tuesday). Lan disconnects, hard reset and setting up bridged mode each time. Extremely annoying.

HiVolt
I Plan to Stick Around

It happened again at 1AM tonight... I switched my office to DSL failover for the weekend.

swijenay
I've Been Around

CGN3ACSMR Lan port

I have a 100(download)/10(upload) Mbps cable internet connecton from Rogers. It came with a Hitron CGN3ACSMR Wireless Gateway, which has 4 LAN ports. When I run a speed test on my computer after connecting it to any one of the LAN ports of the Hitron CGN3ACSMR Wireless Gateway, my computer get over 100Mbps download speeds as expected.

As a work-from-home employee, I require more LAN ports than four for my day-to-day work. Therefore, I connected a network switch to the Hitron CGN3ACSMR Wireless Gateway. This network switch has eight 10/100Mbps LAN ports. All LAN ports of the network swith get internet access. However, when I run a speed test on my computer after connecting it to any one of the LAN ports of the network switch, it only get around 40Mbps download speeds. I tried 2 other network switchs (one of them was a router with DHCP disabled) with the Hitron CGN3ACSMR Wireless Gateway in the same configuration in case my oroginal network switch was having problems, but the outcome was the same (only got around 40Mbps download speeds).

Do I need to configure the Hitron CGN3ACSMR Wireless Gateway somehow to get the full 100Mbps download speeds via the LAN ports of my network switch? Any help or information is greatly appreicated.

Thanks very much in advace!

HiVolt
I Plan to Stick Around

I would get a gigabit switch, not 10/100, just to be safe.

They're quite cheap nowadays, an 8 port gigabit unmanaged switch can easily be obtained under $100.

HiVolt
I Plan to Stick Around

So here's an update... I had a tech sent out this afternoon, he tried two standard CGN3 modems, they are not able to assign IP.  He talked to some people on the phone and went to get another modem from somewhere, because he only had two CGN3's in his truck.

So now that's 4 CGN3 modems that have not worked properly at this location. He wanted to switch to another CGN3ACSMR, I told him no, because it's pointless. Besides I showed him the issue with the ACSMR by pulling the coax, and the LAN dies and does not return. He wasn't even aware of the issue.

Anyway, I'll see what modem he comes back with. Thank god we have backup DSL.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Contractor tech or real Rogers Tech?   With all of the trouble you're had at that location in the past, I would think you need a real Rogers tech onsite.

HiVolt
I Plan to Stick Around

It was a contract tech, but he was the field supervisor for Intek.

Anyway, he just came back with a WORKING CGN3, he was able to get an IP first in gateway mode, and then bridge mode and so far it's working. We simulated the RF loss by pulling the cable out until the lights went out, and replugged it in, and the LAN port stayed up and it resumed.

We'll see how it goes.

one thing I dislike about the CGN3ROG, is that the 192.168.100.1 modem page does not work in bridge mode. But if it stays up, it stays up...

Once again I hope Rogers would offer a simple modem only device.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With the latest firmware version, I believe that access via 192.168.100.1 has been restored.  It might take two or three days for the system to push that version to the modem if the current version is the old one.  Don't have the version number on hand....

HiVolt
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I don't know what firmware it has at the moment cuz i can't check... I'll see in a couple days I guess, but aren't these things old enough by now to have gotten the firmware update required? The modem is not new, in fact pretty beat up physically.

akraz
I Plan to Stick Around

What is the CGN3ROG and how is it different than the CGN3ACSMR