CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

Hello all,

I have a CGN3ACSMR and am also having this problem - modem software version 4.5.8.16.

Was also seeing the issue with the CGN3ROG back in 2014.

I Plan to Stick Around

So basically I'm trying to log into the modem (CGN3ACSMR) o I can port fowards so my little sibling can host a mincraft server. I've done this multiple times but this time when I try to log into the router by typing 192.168.0.1 (The default gateway) it says

"This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.1 refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

I'm not sure why this happened, it let me access it before to set up the WiFi and change the passwords..I even reset the router. This problem still persists. Never had a modem be so troubleson before. And also I was supposed to recieve a credit on my account of around $56 but instead I was charged $56..can someone from billing please contact me. I can't seem to get through to them on the phone. 

I'm Here A Lot

I just unplug the modem for a second then it works fine.You can also log by 192.168.100.1 Using firmware 4.5.8.16

I've Been Around

CGN3ACSMR - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

I have a CGN3ACSMR and am also having this problem. This is my 3rd router in 5 months. I just exchanged today at Rogers store (based on tech support advise) and still have this problem. It seems to happen when I try to add Port Forwarding. Notably, when I reboot the Port Forwarding entries I successfully saved were no longer there (!). I also change the Wireless SSID, passwords, admin passwords and internal IP address from the standard. 

So very frustrating. I was told (for my troubles with first modem) that I'd get the fastest and best...but still needs to work!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Been getting the same issue for months now. My FW version is 4.5.8.27.

Recently the modem has started becoming very slow too. After I manually power cycle it, everything seems to be fine again for a few days, then this issue and the slowness return.

I'm about to sign up for the new FW trial. Let's see if that helps.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@syllock you're running the latest version that's available.  The next trial build won't be ready until the end of March, possibly later.  Are you using any type of VPN?

I've Been Here Awhile

I use OpenVPN from one of my computers. Does that cause issues?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@syllock on a CGNM-3552 I've seen the modem crash after two to three hours of continuous VPN usage.  It only crashed when the VPN was in use.  So, personal opinion, Puma 6/6MG modems have some issue with VPNs, my guess would be a memory leak of some type.  Arris was looking at this last year for their SB6190 but was never able to pin down the issue although I find that hard to understand. That's a whole other discussion.  What I would recommend, if you can, is to discontinue use of the VPN for a period of time and reboot the modem at the start of that test period.  Run the modem for the same amount of time that it takes to slow down and see if the same slow performance issue is observed.  Its always possible that there is another reason, but, at least you might be able to prove or discount the VPN as the cause of the issue. 

I've Been Here Awhile

@Datalink That's interesting.. I will maybe give that a try. The timelines may align because I think this issue has only been happening since December, which is when I started using the VPN. Although, I'm considering swapping the CGN3ACSMR for a new CODA modem. Any word on whether they have issues with VPN, or disconnects or anything?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@syllock the CODA-4582 has other problems to contend with at the present time, so you might want to hold off on swapping the modems until another trial firmware version or two has made its way onto the 4582s.  That probably won't take very long as Rogers Engineering Staff and Hitron have been working on the various issues that have been seen since the modems were released in December.  I haven't had the opportunity to test the VPN crash issue, so, unfortunately can't tell you one way or the other at the present time.  

Fwiw, I run the modem in Bridge mode with an Asus RT-AC68U behind it and personally speaking, haven't had any real issues with it.  There is the usual issue of upload speeds which will vary depending on the time of day, as others have observed.  DOCSIS 3.1 hasn't been enabled on my CMTS yet, so, I can't say if that will help at all.  In theory it should, but, we'll see what happens when it shows up.