CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

Unit is in gateway mode not attached user router.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @Biollw & @gp-se

Thanks for flagging this.

The appropriate parties are aware of the issue and investigating. Once I get more information, I'll be sure to share with the Community

RogersAsif

I'm a Reliable Contributor

and since 2 weeks ago now again it was not accessible. Did a power cycle to get it back.
I've Been Around

Same issues here, need to perform a hard reboot to gain access to login screen. Any fixes for this issue yet?

I've Been Here Awhile

This issue seems to be unresolved.

I have a Hitron model CGN3ACSMR provided by Rogers. It is operating firmware version: 4.4.8.13.  I note that after 10 days following a reboot of the modem, the administrative home page at http://192.168.0.1/ is no longer accessible.  I have repeated this numerous times with the same result.  Not having administrative access is limiting.  Rebooting on a frequent basis is not desirable.

Will a firmware update soon be released to resolve this issue?

I'm Here A Lot

Your firmware should of been updated to 4.5.8.16 although that wont fix the admin page problem that we all have.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Will this ever be fixed? I have to reboot my modem every 2 weeks just so I can login, this is getting very annoying. Right now on my CGN3ACSMR (latest firmware) my Lan Ports aren't working, but WiFi is fine, so now I have to reboot the modem just so I can login and see what's going on.

I was hoping a new firmware would've been released by now to fix the login issue, 2.4Ghz light staying on, and Intel_CE_Linux showing up in network. I never had these issues with my old CGN3. It seems Rogers has some serious software issues going in, the CGN3ACSMR with the issue's I listed, Nextbox Navigator Software fiasco, and the Samsung Galaxy S6's that are not receving calls/texts. Please Rogers put some rescources into software development, and FIX THESE SOFTWARE ISSUES. Customers only have so much patience before we switch to another provider that actually has services that work.

I've Been Around

I have same problem. Today is November 29, 2015. Whenever I reboot my CGN3ACSMR I can get into the admin at 192.168.0.1

but if I try adding any port forwarding rule, the modem will no longer be available at 192.168.0.1 (or 192.168.100.1).

I am running in Gateway mode, not bridged, no other modem/router on network.

I would like to add a port forwarding rule.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. that is an odd one.

Hopefully one of the others wtih the ACSMR model can chime in.. even if they pop theirs out of bridged for a moment to check.

I have the CGN3 regular, and know you can put in the rules fine without locking it up.
I am PRETTY SURE there are others on here, who have done so as well..

How long ago did you get the modem?  What is the firmware listed?

I Plan to Stick Around

I have this exact same issue.  I bridge through an Asus RT-AC68U.  I can access the web page on the CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 through 192.168.100.1 just fine after a power reset.   But after a few weeks I cannot and have to reset again.

When will this be fixed?