CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

As I type this message I can not access the modem either the  100.1 or 0.1 IPs. So I have rebooted the modem.

Bill

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @Biollw

Correct. When I was experiencing the issue I was unable to access the modem via 192.168.0.1 or any others unless I rebooted the modem. Similar to what others in the thread have reported.

View the solution above which indicates to factory reset to the modem to resolve the issue.

If you need help with the factory reset, let us know.

RogersAsif

Factory Reset then reset my custom settings?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I did factory reset, but then I change my settings (passwords,WPA2, port forwarding, etc.) and I get the same results, I can login for 2 weeks or so, then I have to reboot the modem to log in. If I reboot the modem (unplug) I can login just fine, ne need to factory reset. I never had this issue before the final firmware, the 4.5.8.16 beta never gave me this issue either, only the final version has this bug, and the 2.4Ghz light staying on bug.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @gp-se

Thanks for the info. I will see if I can gather some more details.

For me after running the factory reset, I setup up my networks etc and haven't had the issue since (2 weeks now). When did you perform the factory reset?

RogersAsif

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've done it twice in the past month when I was testing things, same issue happens after 2-3 weeks I cannot login, I have to unplug and restart the modem to login.

I'm Here A Lot

I have the same issue.I also had the same problem with my old cisco modem but it would stop displaying the page after 2 or 3 days.It seems almost like a cache is getting full and not allowing anymore connections

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30287925-Internet-Rogers-CGN3ACSMR-router-login-page-disappears

more people showing this issue, hopefully Rogers fixes this, and the 2.4Ghz Light staying on.

Could not get to the login page. Last power cycle of modem was 9/09/2015 and just had to do it again 9/16/2015

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @Biollw

Can you confirm if you're bridging a third party router to your modem?

@RogersPrasana