CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

CGN3ACSMR with firmware 4.5.8.16 and over time (not sure how long) I will not ba able to access the web interface. I have to reboot the device then an able to access it.

Thnx

Bill

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CGN3ACSMR 4.5.8.16 - Unable to access Router Login/Admin

Not able to log into the unit at all? (the main login screen)

Or just parts of it?

Not able to even access the web interface....web page not found.

Maybe it has a different default gateway address? If not, try replugging the ethernet cable that leads to the modem.

Loose cable? It works perfectly fine connecting to the web.

I go down stairs and reboot the unit, come back uop and can access the web interface afterit comes back up

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have the same issue, after about two weeks I cannot login to the gateway. I have to unplug the gateway and let it boot up again to get access. I tried one computer wired, and my other laptop using wifi, neither will find the gateway login page. It's something in the firmware because this only started after the final 4.5.8.16 firmware update. 

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi Guys

I noticed the same thing with my CGN3ACSMR on 4.5.8.16 in the last week. I performed a factory reset to see if it makes any difference and for testing purposes. I will report back my results.

In the meantime if anyone in the Community is experiencing this issue, please post below.

RogersAsif

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

just tried to login to the router, web browser cannot find the page!

This all started after getting the final 4.5.8.16 firmware, hopefully someone at Rogers puts out a firmware fix, I'm getting tired of powering my modem off then back on just to login.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm, very strange.  If 192.168.0.1 does not work, try using 192.168.100.1   That address will work for either Gateway mode with a direct connection to the modem, or Bridge mode, connecting through a router.  

How do you normally log into the modem, typing the address in manually or using a bookmarked page?  

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

Sorry for the delay on this. After running a factory reset on my modem, I haven't ran into the issue since my last post.

I will have the issue forwarded to the appropriate department and am still looking to see if the issue will pop up again.

RogersAsif