CGN3ACR Missing a lot of settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: CGN3ACR Missing a lot of settings

How to disable SIP ALG on CGN3ACR router?

Could not find this setting

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You have to call in and have them do it.

Its not a user accessible feature in the modem, its on the super admin side the rogers sees.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Call into tech support again.  This time you will or should end up speaking to a different customer service rep.  This is a simple flip the "option switch".  If the CSR refuses to help, once again, please let us know.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks

I called CS again and another agent changed this setting.

Unfortunatelly it does not seems to resolve my problem

I have one more question about this SIP ALG setting: if I will do factory reset (or firmware update)  on my CGN3ACR, will it also reset SIP ALG to default?

Thanks for help

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, when you factory reset the modem, it will return all of the settings back to their default values.  Did you try assigning a static address to the device and setting up port forwarding, in conjunction with turning the ALG SIP off?

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Datalink

The IP adress set static

My voip phone  thech support (Im with fongo)  advised me NOT to do any port forwarding as well as not to put device into DMZ.  They said that firmware update on CGN3ACR will resolve issue. Im waiting for update now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully the update will resolve the issue.  Please let us know how it turns out.

I'm Here A Lot

The firmware update on Rogers modem resolved problem with VOIP. Now my phone works again!

Another bonus -  after update I was able to change time zone setting.

Thank you for your help!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nice to see that it works as it should 🙂

I'm Here A Lot

Why Rogers rocket or any rogers modem dont have managing features just like bell offers even they are advance modem still they look cheap in UI. look at bell modem they have better UI and managing feature which give more control over internet.

http://www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Promotions/HomeHub