CGN3ACR Missing a lot of settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: CGN3ACR Missing a lot of settings

Hi @Skywalkerblue06

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for providing your feedback, we are always looking to improve our Internet products.

@Gdkitty @Datalink @VivienM Any thoughts you guys would like to share?

RogersAsif

I'm an Advisor

@RogersAsif wrote:

Hi @Skywalkerblue06

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for providing your feedback, we are always looking to improve our Internet products.

@Gdkitty @Datalink @VivienM Any thoughts you guys would like to share?

RogersAsif

Oh, I think you guys know my position on this - the only feature that matters in the every Rogers gateway is the option to put it in bridge mode. 🙂 Put it in bridge mode, pick up a good router with the feature set you need (people around here like the higher-end Asuses e.g. the RT-AC68U), and get on with life...

(I feel like I need a Keep Calm and Use Bridge Mode poster...)

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I agree with Vivem - just put the device in Bridge mode and use something like an Asus router or a PC running pfSense.

The only probelm we may have with routers is that as we get faster internet speeds, like Gigabit, it may be hard to find routers that can keep up.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Generally i would agree.. out of the box.. the CGN3 series.. works OK.. but is missing MANY advanced features.

Now, these units often have many things HIDDEN from the users.. not always front end accessible.
Some of those features MAY be available.. but we cant see them?

But if beyond that... it may have less features than say the bell one provided in the link.

(thats a new one since the last time i helped a bell user.. definately has MORE than their previous one)

Beyond giving a list of features that SHOULD be included in the rogers one, if available, or if could be added, etc..

Bridge mode is one of the best options.
Getting a router, which can do even MORE wireless options.
As well as wireless performance which can blow away any of the all in one units from any provider.

I'm Here A Lot

I dont know why rogers called powerful rocket wifi modem when it doesnt have features and what a waste of good piece of hardware where rogers cant even optimize or utilize. since rogers release hitron series modem they had been buggy even with new AC modem they still buggy.