cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGN3ACR Keyword Filter

coldmantis
I've Been Here Awhile

Can anyone confirm that the Keyword Filter on the CGN3ACR actually work? I have inputted the URL of websites I want blocked but it doesn't block any of them. I already tried restarting the modem after I have save the changes. Firmware is 4.5.8.19

filter.PNG 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: CGN3ACR Keyword Filter

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You might have to add the pc/laptop that you want to use the filter list with to the managed devices list.  If that list doesn't do anything now that its set up, adding to the managed devices list would be my next step.  If you do that, please let us know if that works.  If not, you might have found a firmware bug.  

coldmantis
I've Been Here Awhile

I think it's a firmware bug than, I tried adding my ipad as a test to the manage device list in the device filter leaving it on allow all the keyword filter doesn't work, setting it to allow listed kills all connection to all devices except for the ipad but keyword filter still does not work, block listed of course blocks all internet from the ipad which is not what I want. Do I just call up Rogers and have them upload a new firmware?

There is no scheduled update for the CGN3ACR, or CGN3AMR as far as I am aware.  You can however request the latest network wide version which will be 4.5.8.22.  You could also request V4.5.8.27 which is the latest trial version.  

Have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the version 4.5.8.22 or 4.5.8.27.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

I don't expect that there have been any changes made in the filtering for those versions.  This will have to be reported as a bug for further investigation.  I'll take care of that.

coldmantis
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, I will try that.

@coldmantis, have a look at page 101 in the following CGN3 user manual:

https://www.midco.com/contentassets/87322b7ed6b04cabb102fe22607bc4d1/hitron-modem-user-guide-cgn3-re...

Did you add the device(s) to the trusted pc list as indicated on that page?

One other thing to try is to flip the "Blocked Weekdays" so it shows Green instead of Red. According to the manual:  "A red background indicates that the rule will be applied (access will be blocked), and a green background indicates that the device will not be applied (access will not be blocked). Click a day to toggle the rule on or off for the relevant day"

Its been a very long time since I've looked this but I recall that there is something a little strange about the toggle selections.  Its possible that the above paragraph is backwards, and that Green indicates that the filter is enabled instead of disabled.  Give that a try and see how it turns out.  I would also try a router reboot after the settings have been saved, then test the results after the reboot. 

coldmantis
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried deleting and readding the block rule but this time tick it to green, when I attempt to add it. I get this error 

[ERROR] Blocked weekdays cannot be null.

This is pretty straight forward, I just think that the firmware is bugged.

Ok, thanks for trying.  

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation