CGN3 Slow speed after 24hrs in bridge mode

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

CGN3 Slow speed after 24hrs in bridge mode

So i am on Ignite 250u plan. My CGN3 is Connected to my AC87U Router. No issues for the past 1year. Now for the past two weeks my Speed test download speed is showing 100mbps max.

So i reset CGN3 back to Modem/Router mode, connect directly and the speed is back to 250mbps down.

I change to Bridge mode and everything is fine for 24hrs. Again after 24hrs, my speed will show 100mbps

Again if i reset CGN3 back to Modem/Router mode, connect directly and the speed is back to 250mbps down. I change to Bridge mode and everything is fine for 24hrs. Again after 24hrs, my speed will show 100mbps

Again if i reset CGN3 back to Modem/Router mode, connect directly and the speed is back to 250mbps down. I change to Bridge mode and everything is fine for 24hrs. Again after 24hrs, my speed will show 100mbps

What is going on ? i have tried different routers, reset routers but no luck. Having this isue for the past two weeks only. Rogers tech support checked my power levals and all good .. 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CGN3 Slow speed after 24hrs in bridge mode

Despite the fact that tech support checked your signal levels, can you post them into the thread so we can have a look at them.  Login to the modem, navigate to the STATUS..... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into the thread.  The copy and paste process will paste in the text contents of the tables, so you don't have to paste in a screen image.  Can you do that after a modem reset, and after 24 hours, so we can see the difference?  Are you in a house, apartment, condo, etc, etc?

I see that the word wrap issue still hasn't been fixed yet 😞

I Plan to Stick Around

After 24hrs is not possible cause since the modem will be in bridge mode there is no way for me to login to the modem. My router is different subnet ( 192.168.1.1) and modem is in 192.168.0.1 and still wont connect. even the webgui address 192.168.100.1 wont work on mine.. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What model of router do you have?  The modem will supply a second IP address when its in Bridge mode.   You should be able to plug a pc or laptop into one of the modem ports and use the 192.168.100.1 address to log in.  Only thing to remember is that the pc/laptop firewall is protecting the laptop instead of the router firewall, so, you don't want to run in that configuration for any longer than you have to.

I Plan to Stick Around

Asus RT87U with stock firmware. Let me go to basement and connect my laptop directly to second port of Modem and try to connect to get the info you asked. Infact i am just having this issue. this time, the issue came after 30min 😞 

Here is the values right after reset to gateway mode

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

RT87U, interesting.  I use a RT-AC68U with stock firmware and don't have any issues with the 192.168.100.1 address.

Your downstream signal levels are all low, probably just at the cut-off for tech support to dispatch  a tech.  Do you know if you have three upstream channels running, and if so, any idea of their signal levels?

Call tech support and ping off of them again.  Despite what they believe the signal levels are, if you are not seeing the correct data rates out of the modem, and I don't believe the modem is the problem here, then a tech should be sent out to determine what the problem is.  Just looking at your signal levels, my personal opinion is that they are too low and should be brought back up to 0 dBmV.  Of course that also depends on what else you have in the house for tv and home phone, all of which run off of a splitter, along with the modem feed.  The splitter is necessary, but it also drops the power levels, so, something might need to be done about the configuration if its proving to be a problem. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. Called Tech Support and they said everything looks good on their side. Speeds are back to 250Mbps now and they asked me to wait 24hrs and if the issue is back again then they will dispatch tech person to onsite.