CGN3 (Rogers Advanced WiFi Modem) "VoIP phone issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CGN3 (Rogers Advanced WiFi Modem) "VoIP phone issue

Thank you @Datalink, I wasn't aware it was already attempted. I appreciate all your contributions to the CommunitySmiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I too am having problems with my Primus VOIP since I have uipgradfed to 100/10 and the CGN3ACR modem.

Primus support advised me to contact Rogers support and get the SIP ALG disabled but the support person refused and said that it was a paid service to have someone do that.

RogersMoin : can you also help me out with this setting?

Thnx

Bill

Hello @Biollw, Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum!Smiley Happy

I can definitely help, which Rocket modem do you have?

Please check the barcode sticker at the back of your modem, if you see CGN3ACSMR, then submit the request for firmware upgrade. To submit the request, please follow the instructions per message # 176 of the post.

It seems like with CGN3ACSMR model firmware update was helpful with VOIP issues.

If you have CGN3 or CGN3ACR, then I will have a team member from @CommunityHelps reach you out. Let us know.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

RogersMoinSmiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thnx @RogersMoin. @CommunityHelps pushed a firmware update to my CGN3ACSMR last night, updated to 4.5.8.16 and it apears to have fixed several areas. 1) VOIP DTFM seems to work from my testing and 2) my corporate VPN connections connect quickly. They were taking way too long before.

Thnx

Bill

@Biollw - You are very welcome! Thanks for sharing back with the Community that firmware update resolved both VOIP and VPN issues. Your feedback is much appreciatedSmiley Happy

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I have fongo voip phone and it is installed at my daughte place with rogers service.

The modem is CGN3ACSMR. It is not working properly at all. I am in middle of all kind of emails/ phone conversation with fongo support and rogers. Fongo tell that rogers need to update firmware and Rogers said that I need to do this:

1. Open a web browser and enter the following address to access the gateway login page: 192.168.0.1.
  2. Login with:
    • Username: cusadmin
    • Password: password
  3. Click Basic.
  4. Click Port Forwarding.
  5. Switch All Port forwarding Rules to Enabled.
  6. Click Add.
  7. Enter the following settings:
    • Common Application: List of common applications and servers that are forwarded
    • Application Name: A point of reference to remember what is being forwarded
    • Protocol: Choose either TCP, UDP, TCP/UDP, GRE, ESP
    • Public Port Range: Enter the starting public port range on the left and the ending range on the right.  If only one port needs to be opened then both boxes should have the same port number
    • Private Port Range: Enter the starting private port range on the left and the ending range on the right.  If only one port needs to be opened then both boxes should have the same port number
    • Local IP Address: The ending IP address of the device you want the changes to apply to
  8. Click Apply.

I cannot undestand whta I have to do after point 7. Neither Rogers norFongo do not explain.

At a moment the fongo support told to come to this forum and give these:They say:

"In the meantime, we can provide the update directly to those who contact @CommunityHelps via private message and provide the following information:

-Cable account reference number(12 digits beginning with “2”)
-MAC address of modem (12 digits found on the back of your Hitron modem)

Modems will be updated during nightly maintenance windows so you can expect to see the update take effect within 48 hours."

Can anyone tell what I have to do?. I on verge to quit both fongo and rogers for this issue.

Hello @flomar  

Thank you for your post; our Community has a lot of experts for the Internet-related issues and we can definitely find a solution for you.

For the starters, would you please confirm the firmware/software version of the modem? Once you login, it’s listed under Status page. If it’s not 4.5.8.16, then please follow the instructions that you have listed in your post to request the firmware update.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

Unfortunately I am not in my daughter place.

I will visit her on saturday morning and I will check it.

I Plan to Stick Around

You said if is not update to follow the steps to update firmware , that one of problem that I cannot see that acc with 2 starting??? And where or how I can send a private message??
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Please read the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Then, to request the firmware update, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area and hit send.  If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number.  The simple solution is to call Customer Service for that number.  You can then send that with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.

The new firmware is now in deployment across the network and is scheduled to be completed by the end of the week.

If you find that the firmware is not loaded on that CGN3ACSMR, then you should request the update.