CGN3 (Rogers Advanced WiFi Modem) "VoIP phone issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: CGN3 (Rogers Advanced WiFi Modem) "VoIP phone issue

thanks it helped. i was facing the same issue.

I've Been Here Awhile

you need to forward ports on your modem the ports are all TCP/UDP 5060-5061 and 20000-40000 and for the IP address to set the rule just put 192.168.0.10
I've Been Around

BChris,

Thanks for sharing this information. It was very helpful. My VOIP started working immediately after I disabled the gateway function on my Hitron CGN3.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My voip Worldline dropped calls made out after 30 seconds with this new modem and I contacted Rogers support and they were able to disable the sip alg in Basic settings / Gateway function and phone works great now. The home user does not have access to sip alg on this modem and requires tech support from Rogers.

I hope this helps anyone with Worldline

Gerry 

***Solution Update***

To disable SIP/ALG please contact Rogers TechXpert for assistance.

I've Been Around

Hi Guys,

I have a very simple issue which my voip service provider is not able to solve. I am pretty sure someone from the community help me to resolve the issue

Here is my problem:

Everything including my fongo voip phone was working flawlessly with Cisco modem until I upgraded to Hitron 3GN modem in November. My voip phome works fine with this modem as well only issue with the buzzer in my building. Buzzer rings the phone, comunicating over the buzzer is fine but door doesn't open with any key (It opened with 9 key before upgrade)

My building management tested the buzzer with 2 of my cell phone and it work fine with both so no issue with the buzzer.

I have been in touch with fongo support for 3 weeks. They have reset my ATA deveice several times,  ask me to leave it unplugged for a day and finally asked me to upgrade to cisico spa 112 device (becasue they think my grandstream HT286 is out dated) . I have upgradedd the ATA to cisco spa112 and problem is still there.

Is anybody has the same issue or can someone help me to make my phone able to open the buzzer door

Thanks in advance

I'm Here A Lot

I'm with YAK as well and getting the same issues.  How did you resolve this?

I've Been Here Awhile

I had smae issue and  i have i digged  the whole internet for this but THANK YOU ...IT REALLY WORKED FOR ME. dmz and enter the ip amazing. thanks again

I'm Here A Lot

About disabling SIP ALG:

I was hoping disabling this settings would resolve my problem with voip phone ( started immediattely after upgrating rogers modem.)

I contacted Rogers technical support today and asked them to disable SIP ALG in my modem CGN3 and I was refused to make ANY changes. The support guy could not find this setting, but he said that even he could, he would not do it.  He said Rogers have fee-based (subscription ?) thechnical service which allowed to make such changes.

Im confused now.  Anyone tryed this paid service and is it the only one way to get this setting' change done?

Hello @user2310

I believe you were referred to Rogers TechXpert, it’s a fee-based extended support available for all advanced/extended support.

Regards,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMoin already tried. No change.  Waiting for the firmware update now to see if that will solve the problem.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/263...