CGN3 - List Of Connected Devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

CGN3 - List Of Connected Devices

Hitron CNG3 is not showing list of connected devices. how can i resolve?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: CGN3 - List Of Connected Devices

Hello, @kottonfam

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post. It may appear that it's not loading the list of connected devices, in fact, it'll load. However, there may be a delay. So when you click on the Basic tab, just leave the page on and the list will appear, hope this helps.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hey @kottonfam

If the connected device don't show up after some time. Rebooting your modem would resolve this.

I had a delay of 7 minutes, sometimes the firmware reads everything slowly for some reason.

If you are waiting for it to come up within 1 or 2 mins. Give it more time.

If you have waited 15 mins+ Reboot it, and test. It should clear the memory or any errors.

If this is consistant, tell us, we can help you troubleshoot why that is then.

However as @RogersMoin stated, it will load. So not to worry. It just takes time. (Which all routers do; Not just Hitrons)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont know if they made a change to it recently..
Appears the firmware is the same..

But in the past, i know there was this issue with the laoding of the clients.

BUT.. i am not having this anymore.  The page comes up INSTANTLY.

ONLY other difference.. is that both of my machines here i have tested it with, are windows 10.

I know it stalled on IE11 on windows 7.. but with 10 on IE11.. appears to load instantly.

Rogers Employee

So its more of a Windows OS thing?

That sounds slightly fishy @Gdkitty

Maybe there are other services running in the older Windows 7 that your freshly installed windows 10 never had that stalled it? I mean there are variables to consider no?

@Gdkitty- I'm assuming your modem was updated to firmware version, 4.2.4.6. This version addresses the delay factor in populating the list of connected devices.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Been ages since i loged into mine.. but i thought 4.2.4.6 was quite old?

Even as a few months ago, it was still hanging... if that one was released at that time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

4.2.4.6 is new apparently.  It appears that it does not address the same latency issue with the CGN3 that has been taken care of in CGN3ACSMR.

Rogers Employee

Oh fun. That's actually good to learn that the update does help on the newer model. Thanks @Datalink.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Firmware upgrade on original CGN3 to 4.2.4.6

I have an original CGN3 that is in bridge mode.  I just noticed that I can access 192.168.100.1 and see the web UI while in bridge mode.   It says that I have firmware 4.2.4.6.  Interesting!

Can anyone else corroborate?  Note that I have done some iptables mapping in the pass to make 192.168.100.1 visible from my LAN so that may also be helping me do this.