CGN3 Hitron admin pages totally unresponsive

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: CGN3 Hitron admin pages totally unresponsive

Hello,

Every few days my guest WiFI network does not have Internet access and does not bring up the password page.  I also am unable to resolve to the router admn page.  The only way I can resolve to the admin page after this is to reboot the Hitron.  The Guest WiFI then works for a while before it becomes unresponsive again.  My two other WiFi networks work fine.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Often times my Hitron modem doesn't allow me to log into it to fix an issue. The only recourse is to unplug the power cable and do a hard reboot.

Internet connectivity on Ethernet is not impacted.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@jaffery wrote:

Often times my Hitron modem doesn't allow me to log into it to fix an issue. The only recourse is to unplug the power cable and do a hard reboot.

Internet connectivity on Ethernet is not impacted.

@jaffery

This is a known issue. There is no update on when a fix will be released. If you need to make config changes on the modem, it has to be power cycled to restore the admin page.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I cannot access 192.168.0.1 via any browser on any PC.  That address is my default gateway (confirmed from ipconfig).  All that address does is spin and spin, never loading the login page.   The Internet and the Hitron CGN3 are working fine but I need to access the Hitron's setup to block some Bittorrent traffic.  I've cleared browser cache, to no effect.  I've tried http and https

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unplug the modem from the wall power socket and plug it back in after a thirty second pause, or so.  That should resolve the issue.  If not, please let us know.  Its either that or potentially a factory reset.  Cutting the power and restoring it is much simpler.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This modem is horrible. It now freezes when I tried to add new MAC address to the wireless list. It's already on latest version .22 and thought that would have fixed it. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
I Plan to Stick Around

i was reading this  post and checked my software version

Software Version4.5.8.27

seems mine is a newer version that what i see  here not sure how one updates the software but i assume that it does it automatically ?  peeps that are having issues may want to check out getting the software version that i am using since i dont experince the issues that are mentioned in tis post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

just rebooted... still showing 4.5.8.22... it looks like i can't update the wireless MAC address but I can enable the guest... someone had told me that the software update would have fixed the issue (from .21 to .22) but it hasn't. should I just go and swap the modem?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

have yu tried calleing tech support to inquire how you would be able to get the software version i have been using for months?

Software Version4.5.8.27
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jo99, can you indicate exactly what you are trying to do?  When you say that you're trying to add a wireless MAC address to the list, what list is that, the list of connected devices or the list of managed devices for example?  If you can provide a little more detail, perhaps we can determine what the problem is.  Fwiw, if I ever have a real issue with one of these modems, I'll run a Factory Reset and start from square one.  Yup, that's a little painful if you have to reenter the various parameters, but, once that is done, you can create a backup configuration file and use that for restoration purposes after running a reset.  At the very least, try a restart by unplugging the modem from the power source, wait for 30 seconds and then plug it back in to force a restart. 

In terms of adding the wireless MAC address to the list, and I'm not sure what list you mean at this point, the modem should build in its own list of connected devices.  That might take a while to accomplish.  Just let it sit and run.  When that MAC address makes it into the connected devices list, you should then be able to add it to a DHCP reservations list or Managed Devices list. 

So, if you can indicate what you're trying to accomplish, perhaps we can provide some detail on how to do that.

In terms of swapping the modem, I would say not to, given the fact that you have 4.5.8.22 loaded, which is the latest firmware version for that modem.  If you pick up another modem from a local Rogers store, it might have 4.5.8.19 loaded, which will cause more problems.  It would, over the course of 48 to 72 hours, receive an update to 4.5.8.22