CGN3 Hitron admin pages totally unresponsive

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

CGN3 Hitron admin pages totally unresponsive

My CGN3 Router has always been pretty unresponsive when I login on 192.168.0.1. I can login OK but EVERY time I go to the 'Basic' page, it becomes totally unresponsive and I have to close the browser and start again. I want to change DNS settings and I cannot get onto the DNS tab.

I also have to reboot the thing quite frequently as wifi seems to also get unresponsive at times.

I am not very happy with it now, particularly as I use wifi to control my home theatre with iRule.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CGN3 Hitron admin pages totally unresponsive

Save yourself time and energy and bridge it. Go to your local big box electronic store and buy a wifi router of worth..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have to agree with @netwrks.  Using a good third party modem makes this much easier, preferably one with external antenna and gigabit WAN and LAN ports.  802.11ac is also a good consideration these days.

Do you happen to have any blockers on your browser that could interfere with the page loading from the modem?  It shouldn't be that unresponsive, slow yes, but unresponsive no.   I used to give each page about 10 seconds to fully load before moving on to another page, otherwise, the modem would then become unresponsive if I pushed it to change the pages faster.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i agree.. bridging is the BEST solution for most..

The page WILL work.
Its just VERY bad design from Hitron on the page.

What is happening, is that its trying to laod the whole DHCP clients table.. that is on the first basic page...

And it wont let you move on from that, until its loaded.
IF you can leave it for long enough.. dont click on anything else, etc.  EVENTUALLY the clients table will load.

After that, you can select any of the other tabs and it should go to them just fine.

I've Been Here Awhile

I just got the cgn3rog router today, I upgraded to the ingnite 100 plan and I'm having an issue with it freezing when ever I try to change anything under the basic settings.

I login to the router, I click on the basic tab on the top, then if I click on any of the tabs under basic setting i.e. port forwarding or dmz the router freezes, only in the browser though the connection is fine and if i retry loging in again it works but I can set anything up the only thing I have managed to do so far is change my wifi password.

CGN3ROG
HW Ver. 1A
SW Ver. 4.2.4.5

I've Been Here Awhile

I was Able to get to the options by clicking on them then refreshing the browser and after about a minute it will load.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The CGN3 interface is notoriously slow.  Usually if you let the connected devices list load you can go from there to other pages.  When I was using the CGN3 I usually let the page sit for maybe a minute and then moved on to the next page that I wanted.  Bring up the Basic page, and then go for coffee or something else that will alleviate the aggravation.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Datalink is correct.

The basic tab, is not actually freezing, per say.
Like datalink mentioned.. its loading the connected devices table below.

You need to leave it for a good 1-5 minutes unfortunately.. let the table load.. then you can can go to the other tabs no issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

For some reason when I try to connect to the login screen to access my modem and internet settings i keep getting an error saying This webpage is not available in chrome.  Doesn't work in internet explorer either.  I heard if someone has their network in bridged mode this can happen i don't think i ever did that before.  Granted I haven't logged into the admin page since I got this modem back in September but I wanted to today and it will not let me.  I confirmed the IP from cmd prompt and it is the right numbers I'm entering but it won't load.

Is the only way to do a factory reset on the modem?  I'm afraid I may lose my firmware on the modem if I do this which I need to make my VOIP work.   I had to message a rogers admin on here last time to have them push the latest firmware and I don't wanna go through all that again if i factory reset.  

Any Ideas?

***Edited Labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Nevermind I tried power cycling the modem and it fixed the issue