CGN3 Hitron Ethernet Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: CGN3 Hitron Ethernet Problems

I got this modem a few days ago and only my own PC on the network has been having issues.  I came here and read about the problems then went into the driver properties through the management console (Right click on "My Computer" and click "Manage") and in the device manager I disabled Green Networking and Energy Efficient networking(under the "advanced" tab and things seem MUCH improved.  Please if anyone is having similar issues try this and see if it works 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interesting.. something i had not thought about.

THose sorts of modes.. while great for using less electricity.. would kind of put the card to sleep.. partially drop the connection but maybe not fully.
If the gateway (or switch or whatever you plug into.. this could extend PAST just the rogers gateways) does not support those functions.. it may view it as being disconnected or something similar.. and not re-establish correctly.

Its something i will look more up on 🙂

I've Been Around

I'm trying to help a friend who upgraded to this modem.  They have 3-5 wireless devices that all work normally.

But their son's gamer Win 7 machine has the "dreaded" Realtek PCle network card.  Windows said it could not connect to the Internet, Skype could not connect, no Ie web page browsing.

I had them disable "green" mode on the card, change to 100 1/2 duplex and reboot.

Now Skype works, steam.com connects but is not working properly.  No web pages.  But Windows says it IS connected to the Internet!

Do you think this is a Windows setting or software problem?  Or should I get him to start scanning for an infection of some sort?

I have not checked any other settings yet.

Thanks in advance!

Rich.

PS: Rogers support has informed them a paid service call would be required for them to fix this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its possible its a windows setting.. (which yes, then for rogers to try and fix, would be a paid service like taking it somehwere else)

Lets see if its getting the right address, etc.

open up a MS dos prompt, and type in

ipconfig /all

And reply what it is showing... and the /all will help to show if its getting the right DNS, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm the new 4.2.4.1 firmware resolves all ethernet issues.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

And how does one get this new firmware? I tried calling Rogers tech and they will not do it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would call and talk to another tech.

While it's possibly different on that model I have had techs push out firmware to all the other models.

I've Been Around

I just bought a CGN3 from bestbuy but have not opened the package. With all these problems and difficulties about using this gateway, how can i possibly check the firmware version without actually "activating" the unit? I also read elsewhere that there is no manual available and still have not found how to actually link my wifi devices to this gateway (password etc etc).

Please provide some more info so that I can bring my old Rogers gateway AND this CGN3 to a Rogers store to activate and upgrade my internet package.

Many thanks.

I'm Here A Lot

I have a strange issue on the ethernet.

The modem LAN light is green should be blue because  the ethernet card in the computesr is 1000 byte/s  not 100/s

How come ?

With CGN2 they were blue.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think some of the lights on the unit.. dont quite display as they should per the manual... weither this is a firmware thing which did it, etc.. not sure.

IE:  The lights on the back .. i have 3x 10/100/1000 devices into it.. which normally in most networking products should show as a GREEN link light, show orange, and the 10/100 shows green.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats