CGN3 Firmware - 4.2.4.7

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

CGN3 Firmware - 4.2.4.7

A user on DSLReports posted that his original CGN3 modem has received firmware 4.2.4.7.

As there is no mention of that here, does anyone know what the fixes/improvements are?

Hopefully improvements of latency thru the modem (like the CGN3ACSMR received) and web interface being reliably available in bridge mode.

Mine at work is still on 4.2.4.6.

***Edited Labels***

Re: CGN3 Firmware - 4.2.4.7

Hello, @HiVolt

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. I can confirm the CGN3 firmware version 4.2.4.7 is being rolled out in phases.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks... I guess you don't have any info on the fixes/improvements?
I'm a Regular

Has anyone tried out this new firmware yet ? What was the update for ?
I'm an Advisor

@lethalsniper wrote:
Has anyone tried out this new firmware yet ? What was the update for ?

@lethalsniper

Good question. My CGN3 is also still on 4.2.4.6.

I Plan to Stick Around

Bump... Any further word on this update? Nobody is talking about it, has it been delayed?

I'm Here A Lot

I just got a CGN3 with this firmware version.  After a few struggles, it works fine--except it won't recognize the existence of my ethernet-connected network printer.  I may swap out the modem as a result.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Recognise how?
That its not visible/connected on the network at all?
(that it wont get an address via DHCP, etc )

Or that it wont be visible on the device table, to be able to set a reservation?

I'm Here A Lot

The printer is completely invisible to the CGN3 and therefore the rest of the network.  This after repeated reboots of the CGN3, turning off and on the printer, and replacing the ethernet cable several times.

The printer worked fine with my previous router.

The printer is a Samsung ML-2851ND.

I'm Here A Lot

I should add that I let Rogers TechXperts take a look at the issue.  After about an hour, the technician's conclusion was that a firmware update might fix the problem.  Rogers technical support told me Tuesday and Thursday nights are when such updates are pushed out.  None appeared last night.  My firmware is still version 4.2.4.7.