CAN I USE MY OWN MODEM?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: CAN I USE MY OWN MODEM?

I just wish rogers had a modem only option. That way you could bring your own router and not have to worry about them crippling the services that come with their combo modem/routers. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While they dont have a modem only...

ALL the rogers gateways, going back I think to even the first ones, you were ALL able to put them in BRIDGE mode.

This effectively turns them into a modem only.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am trying to figure out what modems are compatible with the ignite 75u service. In the details of the package it just says that you have to rent a ''Ignite WiFi Gateway modem''. Last year I bough my own modem and am running my own wifi AP to get full house coverage. I would really like to keep my setup but upgrade my service.

If someone has a list of approved gateway modems for Ignite 75u to share that would be great.

thanks..

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@johndoe5 wrote:

I am trying to figure out what modems are compatible with the ignite 75u service. In the details of the package it just says that you have to rent a ''Ignite WiFi Gateway modem''. Last year I bough my own modem and am running my own wifi AP to get full house coverage. I would really like to keep my setup but upgrade my service.

If someone has a list of approved gateway modems for Ignite 75u to share that would be great.

thanks..

There is no list of approved modems.  The only modems Rogers will activate on their network are the gateways that they provide as part of their service.  However, you can enable "Bridge Mode" on those devices and continue to use your own router and other network gear.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@johndoe5 wrote:

...Last year I bough my own modem and am running my own wifi AP to get full house coverage.

Are you saying you did this with Rogers?  As discussed in this thread, to which your post was moved, and in the post above, you can no longer utilize your own modem.