Bury Cables

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bury Cables

That I am unsure of, but I would think Rogers should be the ones fixing it since it's their line.

I've Been Here Awhile

Temporary cable & damaged lawn

Unfortunately I have the pleasure to have a Rogers box on my lawn.
Rogers ran a temporary cable for my neighbour and damaged my lawn.
The escalation representative came to look at it, he couldn’t speak English, so I didn’t know what was the end result.
After numerous calls to Rogers customer service, I found out that the representative stated that there is no damage on my lawn and I am on a waiting list for the burial of the cable.( nobody knows when it will happen).
Any suggestions what to do next?
I sent an email to the President with attached pictures of my lawn, but I am still waiting!
This is not the first time that Rogers damages the lawn!
Thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

Why don't you post a picture of the damage here? Years ago when there was a problem with the buried cable, Rogers buried a new one from the box at the front of my property around to the back of the house.  A few weeks later you could not see where the new cable had been buried.  But my lawn is not like a putting green.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Odd that they did damage while putting up the TEMP line as well.

Where specifically is the damage as well?
Generally when burying, it should be ran across the boulevard/easement area, down to whatever house, then up that property.
So there shouldn't be any access on your property generally, other than on that easement area.
I have one on mine as well.. and the only tear up i have seen, is on the easement (other than when the line for MY house was re done and buried)

Unfortunately, if its on the easement.. may not be a lot that can be done.
Still worth trying to get something done/fixed.. but the easement area technically is owned by the town and allowed for any work to be done, tree added, etc.. all without having to consent, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

I don’t see the option of attaching pictures on this forum, otherwise I would have done it .
Thanks
I've Been Around

They marked my job as done! Guess what the cables are not even buried!they are tied to my’n and my neighbours downspouts and appears we are stealing their cable to the neighbourhood! Ridiculous!

Hey @MAK88!

That certainly doesn't sound buried :O! Can you confirm for me if the status on rogersoutdoorcable.com indicates completed? It sounds more like they've run a temporary line until the burial can been done. If that's the case then the steps taken would be normal and service shouldn't be impacted for you or your neighbor as coax is more than capable of providing service to both.

If the status does show complete though I would recommend reaching out to support or us here @CommunityHelps so we can assist in getting this taken care of for you! You can read more about our private messaging system, if needed, here

@RogersAndy