Bury Cables

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Bury Cables

The companies that supply Rogers with service to bury cables are not doing their job.  We have been waiting for them for into two years now.  "Management" to whom we speak cannot ensure that they follow up in a timely fashion.  Two years!?!

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bury Cables

This is a user to user forum, there is not much any of us can do to help fix it 😞

At this point, with the winter, etc.. they are not likely to do anything at the moment on it.  May have to wait for spring.
BUT, call in and ask to talk to the cable bury department.
I had an issue with my cable bury.. and ended up getting forwarded to that department and got somone specific there to help deal with it.

I'm Here A Lot

I second what GDKitty said;

I too had issues about a yr ago - gas contractors cut line in multiple places.

I called and they rolled out a truck to verify the Temp-line (that i ran myself) was sufficent; after that chat they also forward'd me  to a 'buried cables' dept (or similar) for the larger issue.

they came out in about 30 days; plowed new lines under sidewalks, and directly to box on the side of my house.

No isses, as i was in service with the temp-line.

🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as a side story...

Keep records.  Know what your ORIGINAL line looks like, where its connected, etc...

The TEMP line they are not going to burry, it will be a new one.

When they came and did the burry... my issues were back! i went outside and looked... oh, guess what? It was just the original line re attached.

Now, i dont blame rogers on THIS part..  It was the 3rd party contractor.
Luckily already had the cable bury guys number.. called him back and informed him. 
He was like "No.. i have the invoice from the bury company, they charged us for 150ft of line burried."
Um.. its 60ft TOPS from the box to my house... and no they didnt do it.
He himself ended up comming out to the house, along with the manager for the cable bury company.  They agreed.. the guy never did anything.
He got fired 😛

I've Been Around

does anyone know the company to contact for burying Rogers cable? Rogers came by and hung a white cable from my house to a tree/box....been over a month now. I called rogers...they don't know anything about it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Then that is the fault of the technician.
If the burried line is an issue and needs replacing, putting up a temp like like that, is common practice.

BUT, the tech then should have put in an order, to have the line burried.

You would likely then need to get them to send out a tech again, and then have that tech put in the burry order.

I THINK rogers normally sets it up through 3rd party to do the burries. (may vary by reigon through)

As for when it will be done.. hard to say.
IF they can escalate it, may be able to get it done quickly.. but as its getting colder, they will eventually not be able to with the ground will be to hard.

Call rogers back, and try to escalate it.  
Once the bury order has been sent it.. again try to escalate it.
There is a seperate cable bury department.. force the issue to get in touch with them.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you call into tech support, the CSR should be able to tell you that an Cable Bury Order has been placed.  He or she should have access to the online notes left by the latest tech who visited your home. 

The biggest delay is getting your yard marked for existing power cables, telephone cables and gas lines.  Thats a survey company that has to do that, so, there is some coordination that has to take place.   Thats the biggest delay cause that I've seen in this whole process, even though the cable is only buried about 6 inches deep.

Try this page, which if I remember correctly is for checking on Cable Bury Orders:

https://www.rogersoutdoorcable.com/app/OrderStatus.asp

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

A techician came by today regarding some latency i have been having. He was a real nice guy and informed me that my cable isnt grounded outside, since it's not near a hydro meter. He managed to fix my internet speeds, although i do still have some latency issues. Before he left, he mentioned he will setup the ground outside, but a quick look outside and i dont see anything grounded. No wires coming out of the box going anywhere. Normally i'd assume they would use a grounding block and ground it.

Is Rogers required to ground their wiring? It seems sort of dangerous to not have the wiring from outside grounded.

If i call Rogers about it, would they even know what im talking about? Would they be willing to relocate their box from one side of my house to the other side, so it will be close to a grounding source they can use. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is two options, you could ground it outside with a ground block, or ground it where it comes inside in the utility room. My moms house is grounded inside, because there is to Rogers box on the side of her house, instead the cable is buried all the way to the point that it comes inside the basement/utility room. On my house I have a Rogers box outside that is using a grounding block to my Hydro Meter.

If you don't have a Hydro meter on the same side as the Rogers box, then they should be able to ground it where it enters the house in the basement/utility room.

I Plan to Stick Around

Do you know if it's Rogers responsibility to do that, or do i need to hire an electrician myself?

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 in conversation