Brutal latency/ping Recently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Brutal latency/ping Recently

@Protoss42 can you delete everything on hop #1 to the right of 2607:

Hop #1 on an IPV6 trace provides the exact IPV6 address of the modem which shouldn't be posted in an open forum. 

Your results actually aren't that bad.  You have one hop that times out but 7 or 8 milli-seconds to google.ca isn't a bad result.  The other intermediate hops aren't too bad either.  Hop #3 has a couple of higher ping times but it also returns a 13 ms time as well, so, not terrible. 

Protoss42
I've Been Here Awhile

I am getting the same issues right now!
Protoss42
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you
Db32
I'm Here A Lot

Just had a tech out for the third time. I’ve been watching this threads for weeks... I’ve been already aware Rogers an as the technician said the whole country are having problems. The funny thing the techs phone shows my speed at 450 mbs down. In front of him I used three different apps to test my speeds and could not replicate what his device shown. So then I used the same software he was using to check speeds and right in front of him got the same speeds that my other apps were showing. Clearly Rogers speed tests on their phones are rigged to give a false depiction of the speeds. That’s annoying enough. Feeling of bein lied too! Like I told the technician what bothers me the most is the company has not released a email or a public announcement/ acknowledgement of the issues we are having. All the while we pay for these poor services. As I said to the tech I shouldn’t even have to call to get my bill discounted that should be automatic in good faith! They won’t release a statement to their customers in hops to keep down bad press and stop people from jumping ship (losing money). It is a dam shame because a lot of company's are better in this department. No one likes being scammed. Last thing the tech had said because he felt guilty was “I can’t tell you what it is they are doing... but it is being fixed”. This tech was a little more knowledgeable then your average technician on the subject. Heres to hoping all the government not able to skype call and work from home, gets us some relief a little bit faster... as the strain on the network now will be more severe and noticed by all! Cheers!
GotRobbed
I Plan to Stick Around

I can attest to the speed discrepancy. I am typically getting 1/5 of what I am paying for (80-120mbps on a 500mbps connection)

Db32
I'm Here A Lot

I also want to point out I respect all the very intelligent and knowledgeable people that work on these forums or just help people on these forums! I realize a lot of what I say is not correct or accurate. But bottom line is I’m a paying customer and I’m just a little peed off and if posting my frustrations on this thread helps me and even someone new to the thread then this thread is a success! Bottom line is Rogers not informing me of my affected services is wrong and more people should voice their opinions. They pretty much have a monopoly in the cable, tv, internet field and with that comes a lot of power. So much so they feel they don’t even owe us answers! Think about that for a minute. Cheers
numairh
I've Been Here Awhile

I finally fixed it, I switched to Bell. For anyone who has that option, do it, but for those that don't, . that sucks for you.

Ha and on the phone call to cancel the rogers guys was trying to tell me its not rogers fault, its probably the wires in my house. And he also said thats how Rogers internet is supposed to work, its supposed to cut out every minute at night time, because thats what congestion is. Real geniuses you have working for you Rogers. How about you train your daft employees to not give out speculation as help, they obviously know nothing. He was actually arguing with me and trying to tell me how I was wrong, the guy knew absolutely nothing.

liQuid03x
I've Been Here Awhile

I made the tough decision to try out Bell at my new place. We're moving in a few days to a brand new construction area which offerd a ridiculous 99$ deal FTTH 1.5Gbps down/940mbps up with their Better TV and home phone (why???). Anyways... It was a no brainer. As much as I hate Bell, I really hate Rogers' response to these on going issues.

Also FTTH should be a lot better. As a live streamer, I need something consistent. Let's hope I don't regret this decision. I was with Rogers for the past 15 years.

Good luck guys.

super_robot
I Plan to Stick Around

Experiencing high latency and slower than usual speeds. It's fun to be a Rogers customer. 

Gaming is out of question so let's not even go there. Where it really gets to me is how it affects my work from home. It is extremely irritating.

Customer support now tells you engineers are going to monitor your issue. No matter how much data you provide to the tech support they fail to acknowledge that their network is performing poorly to say the least.

It's really frustrating and BELL might just be the answer for us all. Rogers is clearly not being transparent with us all and leaving us in the dark.

Zyselr_
I'm Here A Lot

I had a few days of sparse issues (not 100% clear). It's back with a vengeance today with latency spikes multiple times a minute now for the last few hours. Completely unusable internet. This company is garbage.