Brutal latency/ping Recently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herrshaun
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Brutal latency/ping Recently

Ping statistics for 172.217.1.164:
Packets: Sent = 3600, Received = 3490, Lost = 110 (3% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 6ms, Maximum = 185ms, Average = 13ms

Seriously, what is this?

super_robot
I Plan to Stick Around

We’re in the same boat.

Mind blowing that an issue this significant takes 4months(And counting..)to get looked after and fixed.

I’ve lost faith in Rogers. Their lack of transparency is a big problem. How they make you waste your time dealing with tier1 and sending techs to your house knowing they can’t fix the big issue is also a major problem.

Going on as if business as usual ... just disgusting in my opinion.
chemical1
I Plan to Stick Around

WOW it is extra complete garbage tonight, what a joke !  

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

Yup it’s so bad
herrshaun
I Plan to Stick Around

So I've done some testing. It seems that whenever I am not doing anything high-bandwidth, like watching streams or playing online games, I get a timeout every 7-15 pings. However, if I am doing one of these things, I don't get any. There is a little bit of rubberbanding here and there, but for the most part it's stable. 

My hypothesis is that Rogers has somehow set it up to prioritize gaming traffic for now, and non-gaming traffic is currently taking a back seat. This is not a permanent fix by any means, but at least they realize that gamers/streamers need the bandwidth the most.

Raji
I'm Here A Lot

Almost every day evening, my ping will be high in 3 digits, works great during day time. On saturday evenings, its horrible. Internet drops, pings at 500ms, ping timeout etc. Its clearly congestion. 

What i dont understand is it was great from last 1.5 years. 

contacted tech support, they cant see modem, reboot. reset - back up online- They saw some issue will send tech

Tech shows up, everything good outside

same issues in weekens and evenings, call tech support, want to change modem- ok great

modems are back ordered, 10-15 business days. I work from home, so yes its great again. 

One more tech shows up, he says the fiber-coax is the issue, i cant come in to house- i can understand. 

Ok enough of this, I have bell fiber in my condo. Calling bell tomorrow. 

super_robot
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is shooting themselves in the foot by being silent about the ongoing issues

chemical1
I Plan to Stick Around

The thing that really makes me angry is when you call in and they say no problems in your area.  I told the last person I talked to to note that your very own forums have pages of complaints and I asked them to note it in the call.  Going from a 30 ping to a server to 120 is ridiculous.

Taab
I Plan to Stick Around

@chemical1 Talk to OOP, trust me it's much better. I even escalated to CCTS and my node is finally being segemented on May 29th. 

super_robot
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh Rogers...

Pinging www.google.ca [2607:f8b0:400b:802::2003] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2607:f8b0:400b:802::2003: time=22ms
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 2607:f8b0:400b:802::2003: time=40ms

Ping statistics for 2607:f8b0:400b:802::2003:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: