Bridge Mode Setup Guide

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Bridge Mode Setup Guide

All thanks to you. Don't know which network cable I'm using. Tried the yellow Rogers one and one that I had. Now getting 1.8 mbps ul speed. Was just doing a dl speed test and dl speed cutoff and went to zero (could see in my bandwidthe monitor graph)- restarted the test and got 52 mbps.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

usually the cable will have it printed on there somewhere.

a non cat5e could cause some issues, etc. 
Would think the one that came with it, would be a 5e tho

I Plan to Stick Around

It was nice while it lasted. sometimes takes 1 full minute to load this site- sometimes have to refresh. Here's a screenshot. Note "transferring Data" at bottom left yet dl and ul are at 0.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2h7lzrd.jpg

Also rear Lan port lights are amber- have tried all four ports. Intel dianostics says bad cable yet myself and the techies know the interior cable and connections are fine so maybe outside cable bad....which is what the first techie suggested a year ago....exterior cable line is 30 years old.

Edit: Now rear Lan Port light is green. Ran the Intel Connection test 6 times- one second the line/ connections are poor- next test seconds later the line/ connections are fine.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Possible with the outside cable..
I had mine replaces about 1.5 years ago.. about 25 year old.

The lights on the back of the CGN3 are.. ODD.

I have 4 devices plugged into mine.. 2x gigabit switches, my ASUS N66U (gigabit), and the rogers home security router (10/100).

NORMALLY on most devices, green indicates gigabit connection, and amber bing 10/100.... the CGN3 is reversed.
I have done transfers from PC, through switch 1, to CGN3 to other switch to other PC at over 10/100 speeds.. so it is connecting at gigabit.

I Plan to Stick Around

Now the Intel Connection Test is saying:

Passed.

Link speed 100 Mbps. The link partner is not capable of higher speeds..

I'm also leaning towards the exterior line incapable of a consistent and quality data feed. Now to try and convince Rogers to replace it- about 80' long.

Thanks again Gdkitty. Although we're very frustrated you do help ease the burden and all your valuble input, advice and support is very much appreciated.

Edit: Now the rear Lan Port light is green which is what it usually is.

I Plan to Stick Around

Update

Had 2 calls from Cat/ Rogers in the last week thanking me for my patience. Nothing since so I would imagine they are working on the issue. Bought and installed an Intel GB  (10/100/1000) NIC on Sunday.  A few days ago still getting many disconnects/ slow speed/ surfing. Yesterday and today steady uninterupted dl and surfing.

On Fibre 60 (60/ 10) getting:

60+ mbps download

3.0 mbps upload

Surfing much improved. Reconnected my old Reatek Nic (10/ 100) on 2 separate PCs and was still getting decent d/l speeds. Time will tell but much improved so far, fingers crossed.

Just refreshed Rogers website and took 10 secs to load. Maybe just the website as I'm refreshing another website and it's only taking 2 secs.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, rogers site, isnt the fastest to load sometimes :/

Sounds like things may have ballanced out now.. new card, the lastest firmware on the gateway, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Problem is the CGN3 already had the latest firmware. As for the new Intell Nic speeds are about 20% higher than with my old Realtek NIC. I'm still leaning towards an outside issue that may have been resolved. Still very happy with the new Nic and will look into getting a new Network patch cord and an Asus Router just to be safe and to know I've done evrything possible from my end....just means less peanutz for the squirrels and chipmunks first thing in the a.m. Smiley LOL

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, dependant on your plan.. some of the changes inside, may not make a whole lot of difference to the outside.. but at least PC to PC would be a big difference.
When i finally got off my but and upgraded all my switches to gigabit and the asus router.. HUGE speed differences internally.  And i know i am always ready, if i so chose to upgrade my plan to something faster that 10/100 would be the bottle neck.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah a few yrs ago 35/3 was a dream come true. Now 250 mbps Smiley Surprised Google and AT&T starting a 1 GB d/l, u/l service in Austin, Texas. A good idea to be prepared for future upgrade plans IMHO. A friend overseas has an unthrottled/ unlimited plan- his speeds are incredible. My older sister had a lite internet package- would take forever to load pages. When she asked me about diff packages I told her the only thing money can't buy is time- she upgraded, now sees the difference and only wishes she had done it sooner. Also convinced her to dump Bell hardline and get a Home Phone plan.

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats