Bricked Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Bricked Modem

Rogers, can you provide a firmware upgrade or patch for our bricked modem, make it downloadable and provide instructions on how to load through the USB port to get these things working again? 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I think that has to be the idea yet.. that would be great if Rogers could/would do that for its customers. 

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

There is no fix that can be downloaded. The modem is not accessable except at the factory where they will be refurbished and released for use again. Sorry, the only fix for this is to swap the modem for a working one.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The modems don't seem to want to power cycle though, not sure if they would automatically download the firmware if it was on a USB stick either. Someone with a bricked modem should try it though...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes I agree that Rogers can't push anything to the modem over the wire but if I have it in my hands presumably as long as it's not a h/w issue I can do whatever it is that Hitron engineers will be doing to revive the thing.   Just need to know what to load and how to do it.

I'll play with mine at home tonight - it's nothing more then a paperweight at the moment anyway.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Tech came by the gf's house and replaced the modem. Works now! Ha!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jamiearog wrote:

Yes I agree that Rogers can't push anything to the modem over the wire but if I have it in my hands presumably as long as it's not a h/w issue I can do whatever it is that Hitron engineers will be doing to revive the thing.   Just need to know what to load and how to do it.

I'll play with mine at home tonight - it's nothing more then a paperweight at the moment anyway.  

Just swap the modem, no home user is going to be able to boot the modem, if it's bricked it's game over. Also since the modem wont POST, it wont read any files off the USB stick. Hitron may even have to solder in a new CMOS/BIOS chip depending how bricked these modems are.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Here is a radical suggestion. How about Rogers actually doing some thorough testing before they unleash firmware updates. I had had no trouble using an Apple Airport Express bridged to an old modem. Then I upgraded my plan and got a new modem from Rogers. Then the trouble started. Multiple internet connections dropped each day. This is bloody annoying. Rogers, get the message.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@extrooper wrote:

Here is a radical suggestion. How about Rogers actually doing some thorough testing before they unleash firmware updates. I had had no trouble using an Apple Airport Express bridged to an old modem. Then I upgraded my plan and got a new modem from Rogers. Then the trouble started. Multiple internet connections dropped each day. This is bloody annoying. Rogers, get the message.

The biggest thing I can stress here is that nobody with authority has stated that this issue was caused by Rogers. Unless there is a press release, anything stated in this thread is just rumours.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just got a call from Bell selling their internet services. AND, you should know what I am thinking of?