Bricked Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bricked Modem

In any event, if a modem has failed, in whatever mode and for whatever reason, the customer can still return that modem to a Rogers store and swap it for a functioning modem.  If the modem is bricked and tech support can't communicate with it, there isn't anything that the end customer can do other than swap the modem.

I've Been Here Awhile

Agreed. Will be calling to see if they have stock as soon as the store opens.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @borford

So you are telling everyone here not to exchange their units that are bricked and not working or call in because u were told that? Yet a Rogers MOD here posted otherwise and is telling customers to do so? Sorry but you and the reps need to stick to one word as it will confuse everyone.

Also that's not customer service either as people are having issues with their modems. It's NEVER suggested anywhere u that a rep tell customers just to wait around and not exchange the unit or contact Tech support.

Good morning @Meowmix,

We do have Rogers employees participate in this forum on their own time. Their comments do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers.

As mod, we will always respond with the most accurate and up to date information we have available. 

RogersCorey

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersCorey

While that is true, telling customers not to call in and not to do a exchange while saying the work for Rogers is kinda making eveyone here confused once they read that. That's all.

Thank you for your advice and help :). I didn't get the question I was looking for in my last post which I asked if the modem I / parents have are in this situation as well. I know some modem were recalled and now modems aee having issues but since I am not technically channelled in the Internet department lol, i would like to know if the modem i have has any issues like this.

Thanks!
Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @borford

So you are telling everyone here not to exchange their units that are bricked and not working or call in because u were told that? Yet a Rogers MOD here posted otherwise and is telling customers to do so? Sorry but you and the reps need to stick to one word as it will confuse everyone.

Also that's not customer service either as people are having issues with their modems. It's NEVER suggested anywhere u that a rep tell customers just to wait around and not exchange the unit or contact Tech support.

I actually said that as of 8 PM EST, that is what we were telling customers. That is when I got off work. If you called in later than that, the process may have been changed.

Hope that clears things up.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @borford

Thank you for clearing that up for he users and us here :).

Thanks @borford

RogersCorey

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello

Can I please get a answer to the question I asked on page 2 and this page?:).

Thanks!:)

@Meowmix

The CGN3-ACSMR is among the impacted models but unless your modem will not post and goes immediately to a solid power light, it's not affected by this issue.

RogersCorey