Bricked Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bricked Modem

@Cribblets if that's all that you see, restart the modem and see if the downstream and upstream LED go active, indicating that the modem is running bonded channels.  You should also see the @ symbol and Computer LED lit as well.  The CGN3 modem LEDs can be seen on page 19 and 20 of the following document.

https://www.midco.com/contentassets/87322b7ed6b04cabb102fe22607bc4d1/hitron-modem-user-guide-cgn3-re...

If the modem never goes past the power LED, swap it. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just went to local Rogers store in Barrhaven. They do not have any modems left in stock to swap but are taking people's name/ph no. So when the new modems are available they will call to go in and get a new one. Hopefully it wont take days but may be best to try a different location to see if they have them in stock!
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Any of your model or none at all? We can suggest other models for now.

Please tell us your current internet plan.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

They said no compatible modems. We have the infinite 250u plan
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

*ignite 250u
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Was planning on heading to b-haven tonight.   How long before they re-stock?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was lucky enough to swap my cgn3 this morning, the store new nothing about the bricked modems / firmware update.
Im hoping it is plug n play when i get home from work and there is no calls to Rogers necessary for authorization...etc.
I read an earlier post where it can take up to 48 hrs to restore service after setup ???
Didnt we use to be able to authorize / reauthorize on our acct page ourselves?
Wish me luck (:
Rogers customer since the 70s
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I too was able to swap out my old Hitron but the store was told to upgrade me to the new Coda 4582 as I am on Ignite U250.  It was a plug and play install with a small issue that had nothing to due with what is going on but you should be ok when you get home (you will just need to update your wifi settings to match what you had).  I also had the same experience as the store manager had no idea why people were coming in to swap out their modems and started to get "testy" with the customers that were there.  They ran out of modems while I was there and just told people they would have to come back on Thursday as he needed to order more in.  When I offered to explain what was going on the manager was not interested and just finished with my upgrade and moved on.

To be fair, this was an authorized sales location and not a corporate store but they still represent Rogers and are looked at as being such.  I can only imagine how many people are driving around from store to store to find a replacement modem.  Rogers has not really handled this in a very good way as far as I can see.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Though the mod said CODA is not affected, mine was in fact bricked. I called into an authorize retailer and they were out so I called another ROGERS store and they had stock. I went and swapped my modems and my GIGABIT WIFI is back up. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Bilko On the back of the modem, go to the IP address listed then log in and change the password. Mine was plug and play but you had to wait about 5 minutes for the modem to receive connection. It should only take 5-10 min to set up luckily... (nothing compared to 24+ hours of no Internet).