Bricked Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Bricked Modem

Wow unbelievable! Hopefully Rogers will smarten up and end their relationship with Hitron.
I'm Here A Lot

Having same issue with my Hitron.  Openned ticket yesterday, got email this am saying fixed but modem is still bricked.  Do I have to to in to store and have it replaced?  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds like this may only effect the regular CGN3s?

I have one, but its working fine..

I wonder, if any of you on this thread come back, are able to post rough locations were you are?
I wonder if they started the rollout, and have stoped it due to the issue.. so may only effect specific areas?

I'm Here A Lot

Just got off  the phone and was told by Rogers if your modem still bricked it must be replaced.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm in rural Ottawa

Rogers Employee borford
Rogers Employee

I worked last night and the modems affected are Hitron CGN3 and up to and including the CODA. It is random and more than one province. Whe a customer called in with the issue, we escalated a ticket for that customer. We were NOT booking trucks or suggesting a swap at that time. I can say that Rogers engineers were working with Hitron and other engineers to determine what happened. We have not been provided with any more information than that. There was no word by 8 PM EST as to what caused it and I have not seen any press report while searching from home. I hope all is up and running as soon as possible.

Good morning Community,

If you have modem model: 

• CGN3-ROG
  • CGN3-AMR
  • CGN3-ACR
  • CGN3-ACSMR

And the modem does not attempt to boot after a powercycle, instead displaying only a solid power light you'll have to take the modem in for a swap.

I would advise calling ahead to the store of your choice to ensure they have stock before heading out. Please be certain you're listed on the account and to bring a photo ID with you to the store.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

We have a CODA at home and it is affected as well. 

At this time CODA model modems are not reported as part of this particular issue. 

If you're on the firmware trial, please report any issues you're having in the feedback thread.

Thank you,

RogersCorey

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersCorey

I have the model CGN34ACSMR. Is this included? Sorry just wanted to make sure mine is included it not. Internet still works though.

Also why is Bradford giving different advice then you are? Two different Rogers reps with two different answers. That's confusing the customer right.