Bricked Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Bricked Modem

Seems Rogers did an update Jan 29 to certain modems and they are now bricked. Only the power light is on. Can not reset the modem in anyway, can not access the modem in any way 

What resolution are the techs working on?  

I'm pretty tech savy and I know bricked when I see it. 

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bricked Modem

We need more information, are you saying there is a batch of modems that are bricked, or just your modem got bricked? What Modem are you using, the White Hitron CODA 4582? There is a label on the back of the modem that shows the model number. Have you called tech support, have you tried reseting the modem by pushing the button on the back down for 10 seconds? You can goto the Rogers store and exchange the modem on the spot.

I've Been Here Awhile

The modem is a black Hitron CGN3, it is a purchased modem. Rogers is aware of the issue since 7:30am this morning when I called tech support. 

There is no way to reset the modem. It is bricked like I said. Only the power LED stays lit, even when resetting or removing the power and plugging it back in. 

Rogers says that this is affecting numorous customers. This is why I posted to the forum to see if anyone else has the same problem.

Tech Support says 24hrs.  

The worst part is I have absolutely no access to anything on my network because of this. 

I've Been Around

Same thing here. When I tried to exchange modem at Rogers store. Lineup extended outside door with people with bricked modems. Came back home. This is going to take more than 48 hours unless they can remotely reinstall previous version of firmware.
I've Been Here Awhile

I can confirm this as I just got off the phone with tech support and was told my modem is not communicating with rogers, told my modem was bricked.  I now need to go to a Rogers store for a replacement tomorrow and hope they do not run out before I get there.  My modem is a Hitron CGN3.

I've Been Here Awhile

Are we sure there isn't going to be a fix for this? I won't be able to get to a Rogers store until later in the week.
I've Been Here Awhile

The tech tried to push the fix to my modem but since it was not connecting to their network it was a no go.  According to the tech the issue had been fixed in my area and I was the only one still with the issue but I don't really believe that.  I would be surprised if I am the only one with a bricked modem in my area.

I've Been Around

Same problem here - since FRIDAY.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Mine started after 2pm today (Sunday). I know the modem's bricked - so no point calling Rogers. Just checking this forum for updates. Looks like they've given up responding to all the Twitter complaints about this issue.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a CGN3 but it hasn't created a wireless network in 24 hours.

I have tried unplugging the power cable but it's done nothing. Only the top symbol is lit up. I can't reset it by holding down the power button (held it down for 2 minutes, nothing happened).