Blue Jays on Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Blue Jays on Anyplace TV

Before I go to sleep at night I like to grab my laptop and watch the end of the Jays game on Anyplace TV. I am wondering why I can't get the game in full-screen though. I could have sworn at the start of the season there were more options watching the game online (ie. twitter, boxscore) and I could watch it in HD or at least full-screen. It bugs the heck out of me that I have to deal with watching the game SD on a HDTV with the black bars on the side of the screen. Am I imagining this used to be different? If there is an option to watch full-screen can someone please help me out? Thanks and Let's Go Blue Jays!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Blue Jays on Anyplace TV

Are you using the app or the website?

When I access the website, if I tap the bottom of the video screen,  a small popup appears, allowing me to set the streaming rate and the screen size....

I'm not part of the Apple-sphere or Android planet, so I can't comment on the app.

I've Been Here Awhile

Im going to the website www.rogersondemand.com. It has On Demand TV shows and movies. Live Now, which has sports, music, and the shopping channel, and Rent Now where you can rent movies. I go to Live Now and select the Jays game that is playing at that moment (eg. Blue Jays vs. Tigers). It loads up and the game comes on. When I click the screen all I have available to go to is Pause, rewind 10 seconds, Live, and a few other things I cannot remember. Nothing is there what you are talking about. Am I on the correct site?

I'm a Senior Advisor

That's the right site.  When I tap on the viewing window, I get a small box that. controls volume, full screen mode, and streaming quality.

I'm using win8 on a tablet...maybe touch is different than a mouse?

I've Been Here Awhile

So, I figured it out. I had Anyplace TV pinned to my tasbar at the bottom of my computer screen. I would click it and it would take me to the site. This is where I was having a problem viewing the Jays fullscreen. What I did was Google Anyplace TV and did what I normally do AND low and behold fullscreen! I don't know if the button on my taskbar was an app or something but it wouldn't give me the options Googling the site did. Thanks for all your suggestions. Your time spent is appreciated.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been told that as a Rogers customer I can watch Blue Jay games live on my IPad. How do I do this?

i am going on vacation and want to be able to watch some games.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@marsher

You need to download the Rogers Anyplace TV app to your iPad. Keep in mind that if your vacation is not in Canada, you will not be able to use this app. Anyplace TV refers to anywhere in Canada. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although AnyPlace (RAPTV) can be used throughout the world to programme a PVR, the functionality is different when it comes to live streaming.  I'm not even sure if it works outside your home.  I'm very sure it doesn't work for tablets (like an iPad), but I'm not sure for computers as I've never tried it.  Do a test outside your home before you leave on vacation.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/410?setLanguage=en

You may need to find a website that has a live stream, but that may not be available, especially legally.

Here's the link for Rogers' Website (on-demand)

http://www.rogersondemand.com/Live/Sports?lang=en

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, thanks. Going to Hawaii, so guess I am out of luck.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

rogersondemand.com - very choppy watching the jays game

I have been trying to watch the Jays game from the www.rogerscondemand.com site and it is very choppy/grainy.  I have no issues using my MLB app and subscription.

Is the system having issues this last week as it used to be good.