Banner Ads - Go Away or I Will

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Banner Ads - Go Away or I Will

Buried in ads!

Since yesterday morning I have been inundated with ads - they just keep popping up. Even writing this message I've been interrupted four times so far. I'reset Adblock and done whatever else I can think of . . . no luck.

If anyone else is have this problem can you help; if you can get past the ads that is.

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Banner Ads - Go Away or I Will

Knowmad:

I've had a similar problem in the past and it was caused by downloading a file which, in addition to the file I wanted, also installed a browser add-on which pushed ads. It drove me crazy for a while until I figured it out. I suggest that you check your browser add-ons to see if there's anything that looks suspicious. The one I got was called deals something or other (don't remember the exact name). I also found it when I looked in Control Panel>Programs and Features and uninstalled it.

A lot of web sites that offer downloads install things without your knowledge or permission. They also often override your browser home page and redirect it to a different site.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can also be malware, etc.

I have seen a number which effected.  A co workers was BADLY infected.. that  going to a page which say is to have NO adds on it (say like the forums here) it would inject like 5-6 different things... and slow the computer to a halt.

I would recomend running a full virus scan.. as well as a GOOD malware scanner like malwarebytes.

I Plan to Stick Around

You make it sound like Rogers is somehow responsible for these ads... Which they are definately not. Who will you go away from? lol

This is a problem on your system like the others have said.