cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avast telling me my network is at serious risk

Yucabeth
I've been around

Hi all. I recently upgraded to Ignite. I have the technicolor router. Ever since this thing has been installed I continue to get an error message "HNS-WAN-ACCESS". "Device is accessible through the internet". "Fix this as soon as possible" "your device has a needlessly large attack surface, which makes it easier for hackers to reach your data". Tip - close the open port on this devices settings. And then sometimes it spits various ports at me. How do I fix this? I've been in and out of the router 100 times. Security settings appear to be maxed. I even tried disabling peer to peer, which also didn't work. I blocked certain ports in windows defender, but just for my pc. I need to get this at the root. Thanks.

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Avast telling me my network is at serious risk

RogersYasmine

Hello there @Yucabeth,

Thanks so much for sharing your concerns here in the community and congrats on it being your first post! 👍

I can understand your concern with constantly receiving this notification as no one wants their devices to be at risk. Perhaps you can share some more details on how you have your services configured at home? We'd also like to have a closer look at our end, if possible. 

If you have some time, kindly send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thanks so much!

RogersLaura

Re: Avast telling me my network is at serious risk

stepy2015
I plan to stick around

Uninstall AVAST  because third party AV's suck (I could go into way more detail on that later), then I would run a scan with Malwarebytes on your system and remove it when you are done or turn off the malwarebytes premium trial so you can use windows defender as your main AV. Sometimes AVAST just uses stuff like this as a scare tactic to get you to upgrade, check your router to see if any ports are open because that would be the only thing that would cause a device to be accessible through the internet 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation