Automatic Modem Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Automatic Modem Updates

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows if modems get automatic updates while in bridged mode.

L.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Automatic Modem Updates

My understanding is YES.

Its not very often.. but when there is a major firmware push, yes it would.

I remember back when the D3s were first comming out, there was a firmware pushed for the SMC, and it did kick people actually full out of bridged mode (update put back in gateway mode)

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

My understanding is YES.

Its not very often.. but when there is a major firmware push, yes it would.

I remember back when the D3s were first comming out, there was a firmware pushed for the SMC, and it did kick people actually full out of bridged mode (update put back in gateway mode)

This is indeed the case. Two SMC D3's I'm aware of (mine and a friends) were flopped from bridge to gateway mode during at least one firmware push (entire device was reset to factory defaults if I recall correctly).

The firmware is sent to the modems over the WAN side management IP (which is assigned to the modem regardless of what you do with it re: briding / gateway). Basically as long as the modem is on and is US/DS/On-line (that is is on-line and connected) you'll receive any firmware update Rogers chooses to push.

****Update****

The firmware gets updated regardless of the router/bridge mode configuration of the modem 

I'm a Regular

Does the software for the advanced modem update automatically? I was having issues with it and I'm hoping they've been fixed in an update. I just got the "Rocket" modem and I noticed some differences from when I set up the old modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you now have a CGN3ACSMR, as seen on the product sticker at the back of the modem, it should be updated within 48 hours of the modem going active on the network.  It should currently have Firmware Version 4.4.8.13 and should update to 4.5.8.16.  Any gaming that you try with the current version will most likely be an exercise in frustration due to the two issues, latency, and connect / disconnect issues.  Both are resolved in 4.5.8.16

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey datalink I haven't gotten the update yet
I Plan to Stick Around

It's been almost 4 daya
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address, Cable Account Reference Number and briefly explain that the update hasn't arrived after 4 days.  I would include a phone number as well so that a member of the team can contact you directly.  There may be a technical reason, such as signal level issue preventing the download.

The Cable account reference number is located within the Internet section of your bill. The account number that you normally see or use is comprised of various home services such as Internet, Home Phone, Home Monitoring, etc, but the requested reference number is located at the top of the Internet section of your monthly account statement.

The modem MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or in the HFC MAC Address located in the Status page of the modem.

If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number.  This can be obtained by calling Customer support.  You can then send that Reference Number, along with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.

Firmware version 4.5.8.16 has been deployed to all CGN3ACSMRs across the network as of Friday 10 Jul 2015.

Hello, @Jasonkandola

We have confirmed information from the deployment team that there is no outstanding firmware update remaining for the CGN3ACSMR modems. Would you please confirm the status as of today? If it's still not updated, let us know and we will follow up for you, thank you for your patience.

@Community,

If you have recently obtained CGN3ACSMR and 72 hours have passed without the firmware update, please send the MAC address and the Cable Account Reference Number to @CommunityHelps as explained by @Datalink and we will follow up for you.

Thank you all for your understanding!

RogersMoin Smiley Happy