cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach an email to an email

Rumblegutz
I've been here awhile

How do I attach a previously received email to an email I am composing?

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Attach an email to an email

It really depends on how you are accessing your email. If you are using a email client (a program) like microsoft outlook to check your email then its pretty easy you can drag the existing email message onto the new email window you are composing. If you are using the website (webmail) to check your email its a little more tricky so you need to download the attachments to your C:\>_ Drive and in your new email you compose you attach the files you download. Outlook makes it easier but outlook also cost money. Theres a reason the web based email is free.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. Go to the previously received e-mail and click "reply". You can then change the e-mail address to the person you want to send to (if not replying).  You can also change the subject line to remove the "Re" or whatever which signifies a reply.  Attachments may not be included if the previous e-mail has them.

2. If the previously received e-mail has an attachment, you can click "forward".  You can then enter the appropriate e-mail address and modify the subject line as desired.

3. If you've already composed the e-mail you wish to send and don't wish to retype it, just copy/paste the composition into the reply or forward.

Rumblegutz
I've been here awhile

Yes that works for one email with the exception of the first emails attachments. Sometimes those attachments are essential to the communication. The other short fall is if one needs to attach more than one previous email to the email being composed.

It really depends on how you are accessing your email. If you are using a email client (a program) like microsoft outlook to check your email then its pretty easy you can drag the existing email message onto the new email window you are composing. If you are using the website (webmail) to check your email its a little more tricky so you need to download the attachments to your C:\>_ Drive and in your new email you compose you attach the files you download. Outlook makes it easier but outlook also cost money. Theres a reason the web based email is free.

Rumblegutz
I've been here awhile

Thanks Pauly, that's exactly what I needed to know.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rumblegutz wrote:

...Sometimes those attachments are essential to the communication....

The attachments will be there if you use the Forward technique that I mentioned. Reply doesn't.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation