Assigning IP on (W)LAN with Rogers Ignite Modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianGee
I've Been Around

Assigning IP on (W)LAN with Rogers Ignite Modem

I'm looking to set up a static IP address for a couple of my devices so I can make simple shortcuts to them.

I understand that I could do this on the device itself, but the problem with that is if my network ever changes from the 10.0.0.xx address to something like 192.168.1.xx, I'd have to jump through a ton of hoops to get it working.

With other routers, there's a way to set a static internal IP address for the device that the router will remember after reboots etc.  Is this possible with the Rogers Ignite Modem.

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersAndy

Re: Assigning IP on (W)LAN with Rogers Ignite Modem

Hey @BrianGee!

Welcome to the community!

I hope you and your fam are doing well. You can assign/reserve IP's for connected devices on your network by logging into your Ignite modem :).

Username: Admin

Password: Your WiFi password

- Select Connected devices

- From here you can select "Edit" on any devices you would like to reserve an IP for.

- Under the Edit screen Change the configuration from DHCP to Reserved IP then assign an IP to the device.

- Reserved IP's, by default, need to be on the 10.0.0.x subnet between 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.253.

- This can be adjusted as needed under Gateway - Connection - Local IP Network

*note: Should you experience connectivity issues after this has been set up Rogers will not be able to provide assistance if DHCP is not in use.

I hope this helps!

@RogersAndy

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersAndy

Re: Assigning IP on (W)LAN with Rogers Ignite Modem

Hey @BrianGee!

Welcome to the community!

I hope you and your fam are doing well. You can assign/reserve IP's for connected devices on your network by logging into your Ignite modem :).

Username: Admin

Password: Your WiFi password

- Select Connected devices

- From here you can select "Edit" on any devices you would like to reserve an IP for.

- Under the Edit screen Change the configuration from DHCP to Reserved IP then assign an IP to the device.

- Reserved IP's, by default, need to be on the 10.0.0.x subnet between 10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.253.

- This can be adjusted as needed under Gateway - Connection - Local IP Network

*note: Should you experience connectivity issues after this has been set up Rogers will not be able to provide assistance if DHCP is not in use.

I hope this helps!

@RogersAndy

View solution in original post