Arris XB6 Reseting the video resolution

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Arris XB6 Reseting the video resolution

i have just had a new install and when I try to connect to the wifi from my computer the computer resolution resets to 640 X 400 70 hz and I lose my screen. I tried connecting to my tv and same thing happened so it is not my monitor. I can connect to my phone hotspot and my previous internet provider with no issues so do not believe it is my computer. Scenario is this, I search for wifi connections and select the rogers wifi on the above modem. Enter the password or connect with the button on the modem. I get connecting and then lose my screen.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Arris XB6 Reseting the video resolution

@dalsprss1 wrote:

i have just had a new install and when I try to connect to the wifi from my computer the computer resolution resets to 640 X 400 70 hz and I lose my screen. I tried connecting to my tv and same thing happened so it is not my monitor. I can connect to my phone hotspot and my previous internet provider with no issues so do not believe it is my computer. Scenario is this, I search for wifi connections and select the rogers wifi on the above modem. Enter the password or connect with the button on the modem. I get connecting and then lose my screen.

Is this a fairly new computer with a new WiFi chipset?  There have been reports of WiFi on the Ignite gateway resetting when some computers (with incompatible WiFi drivers/chipsets) connect.  It might potentially even be Bluetooth-related.  What you are reporting is something new to me, but likely still due to a low-level chipset/driver issue on the computer itself.  However, I'm not sure what the exact external trigger is.