Any way of stopping Rogers Yahoo Empty Inbox/Spam/Trash Folder Video Clips?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Any way of stopping Rogers Yahoo Empty Inbox/Spam/Trash Folder Video Clips?

noticed a few days ago when i empty my spam and trash folder i am getting this after they are cleaned out

Your Spam folder is empty
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Any way of stopping Rogers Yahoo Empty Inbox/Spam/Trash Folder Video Clips?

As mentioned before, just leave one item in your inbox  (or whatever folder you wish to look at from time to time) and you won't encounter the issue. Simple solution?

Almost everywhere you go on the web has similar minor irritations.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @hiho

Thank you for posting your observation in the Community. I have noticed that when I emptied my Inbox folder. I was able to click the "X" and close the video clip. Since then I usually leave a mail in my box. In your case, you may want to navigate away from spam folder to inbox etc. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

hmmm so once again we are forced to have something that as a user didnt ask for the whole point of this post was to find out if there is a way to stop something that has been added without asking for or wanting this new . if not fine then i ll just get an gmail account and have all my rogers email forwarded to that and stop using rogers/yahoo prog all together...just one more nail to add to me looking for another isp ...20yrs plus with rogers and same old mess.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I found this online referring to Yahoo Mail Inbox Video Ads

https://www.h3xed.com/web-and-internet/how-to-remove-yahoo-empty-inbox-folder-video-ads

I installed uBlock Origins and have entered several variations on that suggestion in my personal filters and thus far no effect. so I think it's a lost cause, darn it.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @hiho

Thank you for posting your observation in the Community. I have noticed that when I emptied my Inbox folder. I was able to click the "X" and close the video clip. Since then I usually leave a mail in my box. In your case, you may want to navigate away from spam folder to inbox etc. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

@RogersMoin, that solution only lasts as long as the browser window is open.  We shouldn't have to take that extra step to stop nuisance videos.    There should be an option to turn them off.

Whilst I agree they aren't harmful, I think their positioning in empty mailboxes is a dumb idea.

Yahoo Mail is deficient enough in its features (such as Mail Forwarding choices etc). We really don't need this.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

:-0  i tried addblock plus and wasnt able to stop it

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned before, just leave one item in your inbox  (or whatever folder you wish to look at from time to time) and you won't encounter the issue. Simple solution?

Almost everywhere you go on the web has similar minor irritations.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

well said 🙂

Highlighted

Yep that's probably the best way to defeat it.  Thanks.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the best way to fix it would be to have an options button to either allow or disable this feature that i for one didnt ask for or want