cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any One Have 1Gbps Download1 50Mbps Upload Yet

hiho
I Plan to Stick Around

just wondering if anyone has this yet and if so what do you think of it?

***Edited Labels***

111 REPLIES 111

Re: Any One Have 1Gbps Download1 50Mbps Upload Yet

Datalink
Resident Expert

Not all speedtest.net servers have the same data rate capability.  If you're looking to run a test with the CGNM-3552 installed, use the Toronto Telus server.  It will give you a better result.  I believe that speedtest.net chooses your server based on ping time, which may result in using a server that isn't the fastest one around.

hiho
I Plan to Stick Around

dang must have missed that one only one i could see was this

Get fast speeds and unlimited usage with a Rogers IgniteTM 100u Internet + Basic TV + Local Home Phone bundle for $99.99/mo for 24 months* on a 2-year term.

Plus, you get shomiTM for 2 years1, a FREE 2015-16 Season’s Pass subscription to RogersTM NHL GameCentre LIVETM2, and Rogers TechXpertTM Whole Home support!3

nl2
I Plan to Stick Around
Telus results were only marginally better. Speedtest and dslreports are much the same. Only Rogers speedcheck is 6x the others.

Datalink
Resident Expert

Those results are a little strange.  The best that I've seen from the Toronto Telus server is 940 Mb/s with a direct connection to the modem as it was running in Gateway mode.  Trying to remember the Rogers Speedtest results, I don't believe that it was anywhere above 900 Mb/s.  Somewhere in the 870/880 range.

With the CGNM-3552 in Bridge mode, my Asus RT-AC68U in full router mode, the best I can do is about 810 Mb/s from the Toronto Telus server.

Are you running the test with the modem in Gateway mode or Bridge mode with a follow-on router?

Here's the same tests to Kingston and Rogers,  thru my RT-AC68U;

Latency  Download  Upload

(ms)         Mb/s           Mb/s

Server Cloud Canada          21           183               34

WTC Communications        45             90               25

Rogers Speedtest                31           703.5           36.8

Just to note, the WTC Communications test takes a while to start, maybe its a single test server.  When it does start, its actually pretty fast, but, the test times out just as the server is picking up steam, so to speak.  I think that if the test actually ran longer, you would see higher results.

nl2
I Plan to Stick Around

Modem in bridged mode connected directly to decent desktop with pcie x4 Intel ethernet. Nothing else running. What Rogers will consider to be a fair testbed.

Topic Stats