cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any One Have 1Gbps Download1 50Mbps Upload Yet

hiho
I Plan to Stick Around

just wondering if anyone has this yet and if so what do you think of it?

***Edited Labels***

111 REPLIES 111

Re: Any One Have 1Gbps Download1 50Mbps Upload Yet

timlocke
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in Guelph which, being a town with a big Uni, one would hope is on the list. I don't think I can get the 250 service yet.

I DO see more Rogers trucks ( including the contractors) about climbing up poles on the main roads through town so maybe  some more coax is being replced by fibre.

I am at the end of a cable so I bet I'll see some activity outside before Gigabit is announced.  I also bet I'll be the first and maybe only customer on my street! 

Just installed today with Hitron CGNM-3552-ROG router modem.

gigabitspeedtest.JPG

These are speeds on my pc on second floor, modem on main floor. Download speed slowed to 349 Mb/sec on my wife's older PC in same room as cable modem, diretly connected to the modem even with gigabit network card. Speed slowed back to 170 Mb/sec once modem was bridged and connected to my sonicwall router TZ210. So I put it back as gateway and disconnected the sonicwall. I may upgrade to a newer sonicwall if I want to keep my old dual WAN setup.

Tech said signal in cable was good. 

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

Nice. 

Yeah that is expected. I dont think any consumer modem on the market is capable of 1GBPS WAN to LAN .. .. 

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

This thread is going to explode after all those ppl who signed up the $99 Deal for Gigabit + Cable VIP 

Here is my speed now 

nl2
I Plan to Stick Around

Not quite 1G but why the variance with 2 results?

rogers 1g.PNG

5383492893.png

Topic Stats