cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Negative Impacts When Disabling TPC/iPV6 in WiFi Adapter Settings?

pauldryan
I've been around

In windows 10 I keep getting pop-ups with "network conflict .... another device yadda, yadda, yadda" My PC has a manual IP address assigned that sits outside the DHCP range of my Rocket modem/router. Checking online I noted that people claim disabling tcp/ipv6 in the wifi adapter settings will remedy this apparent conflict. I haven't assigned manual settings for tcp/ipv6 because I don't know how so disabling seems to be the easiest route for me. 

So what do I miss if I limit myself to tcp/ipv4?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Any Negative Impacts When Disabling TPC/iPV6 in WiFi Adapter Settings?

Melocco269
I've been here awhile

Most Windows users may not even notice the shift. If you have no IPv6 connectivity, then you will continue to connect as before. If you happen to have IPv6 connectivity, then your connectivity to participating websites will automatically shift over to IPv6. You can test your IPv6 connectivity.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersZia

Good afternoon @pauldryan,

Welcome to the Community!

You've definitely come to the right place! I'll tag our Resident Experts @Datalink, @Gdkitty for their valuable insights!

Thanks again for posting your query in the forums.

RogersZia

Melocco269
I've been here awhile

Most Windows users may not even notice the shift. If you have no IPv6 connectivity, then you will continue to connect as before. If you happen to have IPv6 connectivity, then your connectivity to participating websites will automatically shift over to IPv6. You can test your IPv6 connectivity.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation