Antronix VoIP Amplifier

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Antronix VoIP Amplifier

Hi everyone, I have all my Rogers cables connected to an Antronix VoIP amplifier (installed by Rogers). I have 2 NB3 receivers, home phone, and internet. The home phone terminal is connected to the VoIP port. The CODA modem is connected to port 1 which is also labelled "remote power", and the NB3s are connected to ports 2 and 3. Would anyone know why the CODA modem levels (for all 32 channels plus OFDM channel) are around +4 to +5 db while the NB3s are around -0.1 to +0.3 ? I was also reading up on the amplifier spec sheet and installation instructions, and it says to use the VoIP port for modems, voip terminals, or other passive devices, but I obviously can't connect my CODA to that port since my home phone terminal is using it. I'm not having any problems with any of my services but just curious why the CODA power levels are so much higher than the tv receivers...

***Edited Labels***

Re: Antronix VoIP Amplifier

Hi @toolcubed,

Thanks for reaching out! I can see that you're concerned about ensuring you have optimal service so let me ease any concerns you may have. If you've installed any third party amplifiers, we cannot guarantee optimal service as we only support amps installed by our own techs.

With that said, if you're not experiencing any connectivity issues and your speeds are within the expected range, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm a Regular

Thanks. The amp was installed by a Rogers tech Smiley Happy

Hi @toolcubed!

If you like, we can review your connection remotely and make sure your signal levels are within specification.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps and we'll take a look!

Regards,

RogersCorey

^ch

I'm a Regular

Done. I'm certain levels are well within spec but PM'd anyway. Thanks again!