Anti Virus License Key expired

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Anti Virus License Key expired

I this solution!  Imagine if every problem was solved this way! Rogers internet is slow, go to Bell. What a waste of a product that was working fine then they had to screw it up.

I've Been Around

Just to update that I have the exact same problem with updated Rogers antivirus  giving error message that licence key has expired.  Rogers tech support could not fix so their engineering dept is trying.  I was told that no one else has reported this problem so interesting to see that there is at least one other.  I am using MSE for now but if no fix in a week then will pay for Mcafee.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi

FYI been in contact with Rogers and RadialPoint, it's a big issue, turns out MANY people have the same issue. If anybody at Rogers says nobody has reported this, fyi.....their Concierge team is aware and their engineering dept. and Radialpoint. Still no fix. I can't use MSE as I have XP, I use Avast! for now. So yes, big issue with Rogers and Radialpoint.

I've been in contact with Rogers they've called me and I called them and also RadialPoint. It will take some time, issues I've had since Feb 3rd. Waiting game is on. I've installed and uninstalled the Rogers Anti Virus and both parties have done the same I've lost count, I just want it fix. I always think there is hope when they call me but nope. Will wait more.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

MSE works just fine on XP...

Other than on corporate machines, which i use our corp symantec...
All my personal ones i use MSE.... found it has cought more than retail mcaffee/norton.. 

(though still need a seperate better malware scanner like malwarebytes)

I'm Here A Lot

Yah..but...Microsoft has also stopped providing MSE for download on Windows XP. (If you already have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, you will continue to receive antimalware signature updates for a limited time, but this does not mean that your PC is secure because Microsoft is no longer providing security updates to help protect your PC.)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The MSE download page, still allows download for MSE on its page.. was just there today looking after your first post.
(unless its disabled when you actually go to click it... i no longer have any XP systems to check with anymore Smiley Tongue)

But in the end, you are right.. you bring up a good point.. that XP no longer has ANY more update comming to it.. so as time goes on, running a system with XP will be a security risk in itself)

I'm Here A Lot

Exactly. I had MSE but took it out just the before. I have XP, well 10 year old laptop, 2nd hard drive, 1st one failed just in Sept so I got this one for $25 IDE hard drive, I would like to get a new laptop as more issues and like to be able to have better video card, more ram etc. When I get a new laptop my old one will be off the net and just use here and there...

I'm New Here

got note saying my key is expired too.  dont know how long its been there dont use PC often, usually on my ipad.  have to say i am getting fed up with rogers.

I'm Here A Lot

Well nobody ever did follow up with me, it was a known issue across Canada, and they had a master ticket open but nobody ever did call or email to follw up, they did alot in the winter and early march time but not since.

I got a new laptop 3 weeks ago, and no issues. I downloaded and it's with no issues of the key at all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Problem is that rogers isn't an AV company, and they are just re bundling someone else's, and if it has issues, they have no control and have to wait on the maker of it to fix things, etc.

As I have said before, there are much better ones out there that are 100% free and do a better job.
You don't have to use the rogers one.