Anti Virus License Key expired

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Anti Virus License Key expired

So Since Feb 3rd I've had issues with the new update from Rogers Anti Virus. it says License key has expired.

There is a ticket open with Rogers, but I want to know if anybody else has an answer. Rogers has removed it, installed it, reinstalled it many times, also my self I've done it, no luck. I get the updates from the virus program, I can do a scan, once I shut down my laptop re start it, it says. The Rogers Online Protection license has expired.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Anti Virus License Key expired

Is any Community member able to assist @theblue12 with their issue?

RogersDarrell

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most of the users here.. DONT use the rogers antivirus, and so likely wouldnt have seen the message.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello theblue12

I would honestly just say switch to another Anti Virus program like McAfee or Norton or even a free anti virus program NOT the Rogers one. some that use it have problems with that one & also not many use the Rogers Anti Virus program.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks. Still waiting to hear back from the eng. dept from Rogers. They are contacing Radial Point I believe.

I have MSE in my laptop now. It starts up fast and well I read it will end in April I think, in that case will go with McAfee or Norton or Avast etc. Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

MSE is only ending its support for XP, as far as i am aware.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I for one wouldn't recommend McAfee nor Symantec. Preferably stick with ESET or Kaspersky. You should also do your independent review of antivirus vendors to see which one you prefer since each has their own pros/cons.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/ is a good place to start.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gisuck

While you may have problems with McAfee, i have it running on 20 computers at work & on my 2 laptops & 1 desktop. Not one problem for about 4-5 years & always catches the virus & other stuff. Everyone has a different view on it tho / see it.

Kaspersky is a great one too.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi

Will try McAfee and a few other ones. Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello theblue12

You are welcomeSmiley Happy